- Permanent, Part-Time position – 30.4 hours per week
- Rosters will be from Monday – Sunday, 7am – 10.30pm including Off Duty On Call shifts
- Remuneration: $27.34 per hour (Level 2) PLUS other benefits and allowances
- Located at Middle Swan with onsite parking
About the opportunity
As a Recovery Support Worker, you will be playing a critical role in ensuring a safe, secure and supported environment for all consumers who are experiencing homelessness, mental health or other personal/social challenges. To be successful in the position, you will be involved in the consumer’s recovery journey by supporting them to build their capacity and develop the skills required for transition to independent living.
Shifts for this position will be from Monday to Sunday between 7am to 10.30pm. At times, you may be required to participate in the overnight, Off Duty On Call Roster where you will need to assist consumers as needed.
If you are someone who is recovery focused, has highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on developing strong rapport with consumers and their carers/family members, we want to hear from you! We are looking for someone who is passionate about delivering support services to individuals and whose work ethic and personal values align to those of St Barts: Empowerment, Innovation, Commitment, Collaboration, Social Justice.
Your core responsibilities in this position will include:
- Providing day-to-day emotional, social and daily living support to those experiencing homelessness and personal/social challenges;
- Consistently advocating for consumers to develop networks within the community;
- Manage consumer safety and risk, and conduct associated incident and accident reporting as required;
- Prepare and maintain appropriate records of information and a range of administrative tasks regarding consumer support;
About St Bart’s
St Bart’s is a not-for-profit organisation that provides a diverse range of services for those who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Services include supported accommodation, recovery focused accommodation for those with Mental Health issues, residential aged care, and aged care home services.
To be considered for this position you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Hold a minimum Certificate III qualification in Community Services and/or Mental Health or a similar discipline, or working towards a degree in the related field with experience in the field (formal documentation proving satisfactory unit of study completion will be required)
- Demonstrated experience relevant to the position
- Lived experience or understanding of mental health recovery, homelessness or other personal/social challenges or as a family member/carer or people with a lived experience
- Understanding of Wellness, Recovery and Trauma Informed Principles
- High self-awareness
- Be a permanent resident of Australia or have current working rights to work in Australia
- Have a current First Aid Certificate (with at least 6 months validity)
- Have a current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Have a valid WA C class Drivers License
What we offer
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Salary Sacrifice with Smart Salary
- HBF Private Health Corporate discounts and membership
- Additional 3 days paid leave per annum (Mental Health days / Annual Shutdown)
- Cultural and Ceremonial Leave
- Opportunity to purchase 4 weeks additional weeks annual leave per annum
- Free annual Flu Vaccine
- Employee Assistance Program
- Recovery Mentoring
If you have the skills, experience and passion that we are looking for, apply today!