- Job Reference: SBH-12
- Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
- A range of Employee Benefits Offered
- Location: East Perth, right next to Claisebrook train station
St Bart’s is currently looking for an experienced Accounts Officer (Payables) to join our small team providing support to the wider organisation. Your attention to detail and high level of accuracy is key in this position as you will be responsible for the processing of supplier invoices, and ensuring the prompt payment and reconciliation of all invoices within set timeframes.
We are looking for a team player, someone who is highly organised, able to prioritise their own workload and juggle multiple tasks as operationally required. This position works to set deadlines and would suit someone who is committed to the work and is willing to go the extra mile to ensure that things get done on time.
To be successful in this position, you must be experienced in the accounting field, and have a good understanding of accounting best practice, procedures and software. Ideally you will use your experience to add value to the team by identifying areas for process improvement and creating efficiencies.
In addition, you will also be responsible for accounting and administrative tasks to support the broader finance department including maintaining accounts payable systems, developing processes and other finance duties as required.
Reporting to the Finance Business Partner, your key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Processing of supplier invoices both on a weekly basis as well as end of month payments
- Ensuring invoices are authorised correctly and in line with the Delegations Policy
- Reconciliations of a of accounts including credit cards, prepayments and accrued expenses
- Maintaining accurate and orderly records of all supplier invoices and payment records to ensure they are easily retrieved
- Keeping up to date with legislative requirements and accounting best practice to ensure compliance and adherence
- Daily, weekly, monthly reporting requirements
- Supporting the finance team across all positions as required
- Contribute and assist with the development of any policies, procedures, forms related to accounts in line with continuous improvement and quality;
To be considered for this position you must meet the following selection criteria.
Only applicants that address the selection criteria in writing will be considered for the position:
- Hold a minimum Certificate IV qualification in Accounting or a similar discipline.
- At least three (3) years demonstrated experience relevant to the position.
- Proven experience and competence in accounting systems, in particular MYOB EXO, Xero and Chintaro is highly regarded
- Ability to thoroughly check errors in data and promptly report variances
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and to work under pressure
- Intermediate skills using the Microsoft Suite, in particularly with regards to Excel
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work to multiple, competing deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated professional manner when dealing with all internal and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team environment, show a willingness to help, and displays and encourages a positive team attitude
- Ability to work unsupervised and use initiative
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team and contribute to continuous improvement
- Ability to demonstrate and work with the St Bart’s values of Empowerment, Innovation, Commitment, Collaboration, Social Justice