- Based in Ashfield with opportunity to work from home/remotely
- Salary packaging options
- 12 months contract role, working 3 days/week
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with children and young people as well as people with refugee and asylum-seeking background, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, Aboriginal communities, people with disability and more to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role offers valuable insight into the legal landscape of the not-for-profit (NFP) sector and provision of in-house counsel and legal support services. Reporting to the SSI Senior Legal Counsel (with a dotted reporting line to Head of Legal), you will work as part of a close-knit Legal Team on a variety of legal matters. Additionally, you will oversee legal and compliance auditing tasks and will provide the team with administrative support. You will also act as the company's key contact for contract management and will manage relationships with the company's pro bono legal partners.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provide high quality legal support to the team, including but not limited to legal research, document drafting, statutory analysis and contract interpretation;
- Manage the organisation and secure storage of the company's agreements;
- Complete team reports on a regular basis, including monthly KPI reports to the Executive and quarterly contract audit reports to the Executive and Board of Directors;
- Work with other teams to ensure legal compliance and literacy across the organisation, including assistance with compliance checks and learning & development programs;
- Ensure the effective management of the team, including opening and closing matters, organising meetings, managing team inboxes and overseeing the day-to-day administration of the team;
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders as a key contact regarding the status of matters and will follow up on outstanding matters.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Current student completing a Bachelor of Laws/JD (fourth year or above) or career paralegal with legal degree or diploma;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills including confident stakeholder management at all levels;
- Strong legal drafting, research and proof-reading skills;
- Diary management and/or organising meetings and calendars;
- Have a sound understanding of the legal software used by the team (training provided) as well as the Microsoft Office Suite, and will propose ways of streamlining legal processes through the use of technology.
What we offer at SSI
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Currently working from home with a blended approach to returning to the office in March, where we will continue to promote work/life balance;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
Do you have the experience and skills that we need? Please apply now.
How to Apply
Please ensure a detailed cover letter and your resume is attached to your application.
All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
SSI is a Disability Confident Recruiter and will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace.
If you require a reasonable adjustment please email firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Paralegal enquiry via EthicalJobs.