Welcome to Spring Bay Mill
Glasshouses, chippers, log lines and slew walls, we’re not your average events venue. We’ve up-cycled The Mill’s industrial past into spaces both stunning and functional for performance, weddings, corporate gatherings & retreats, meetings – events of all shapes and sizes.
The Events Manager will oversee and organise events at the Mill that will make an impact for our clients. You’ll ensure events are successful and cost-effective, paying attention to budget and time constraints. Our Events Manager is, above all, a project manager with a good understanding of customer experience and marketing/promotions. We want to see fresh ideas and organisational skills that leave nothing to chance.
The role is full-time and will be based ideally on the East Coast of Tasmania – as you will be required to work at different hours including evenings. You will report to the General Manager and collaborate with the CEO.
Our team is made up of adventurers, storytellers, horticulturists and the odd provocateur. We are looking for a fellow traveller willing to join the team that shares our attitude - we just get it done!
- Oversee logistics and planning of booked events and be the point of contact for clients
- Understand the cost of events and manage events within budget
- Organise any physical styling of the venues according to the client's chosen theme and spatial design (staging, digitally scaled, table and chair layout designs)
- Organise sound and lighting design and liaise with audio-video technicians as required
- Project Management: to design, produce, maintain event plans, their inventories and critical dates
- Liaise directly with suppliers and negotiate pricing for services including, but not limited to hire equipment, decorations, labour and entertainment
- Effectively prioritise competing demands from clients and staff
- Work collaboratively with the team and direct others as needed
Key Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years events and planning experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage, liaise, consult, negotiate, assist and network with a broad range of stakeholders including caterers, staff, musicians and technical people
- Ability to work autonomously and drive to go above and beyond role requirements to get the job done and ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- Excellent written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to adapt communications style across a broad range of mediums and channels
- Ability to collate and present data for use in a business context
- High-level organisational and time management skills and demonstrated ability to apply attention to detail
- Proficient in audio and visual technology, staging and physical requirements for events
- A love of the environment, the arts and having fun highly desirable
This is an exceptional opportunity to become part of a family business driven by the restorative powers of nature and art and make a positive impact by enabling people connection. Significant opportunities to grow and develop will be available for the right person.
Please apply now or for further information please call 1300 092 887.