ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Specialisterne OBES Consultant is responsible for the provision of ongoing business enablement support (OBES) and coaching to our business clients and their autistic employees once they have successfully obtained employment. Our OBES service focuses on:
- Enabling autistic employees with skills and confidence to have a smooth and successful transition into their new workplace and develop the skills to succeed within their role and throughout their career.
- Enabling the hiring managers/supervisors to feel skilled and confident in supporting and managing their autistic employees to be successful at work and ensure they adopt inclusive neurodiversity management practices.
- Building sustainable business capacity and embed inclusive practice in businesses to adopt practices in all aspects of their business day to day (recruitment, hiring, career progression, culture etc.)
- Employment coaching and mentoring for autistic employees, either virtually or in-person, preparing and transitioning autistic individuals into the work environment and enablement and coaching whilst in employment to develop skills for success in the workplace.
- Business enablement coaching with client managers and supervisors to support adoption of program coaching techniques and inclusive neurodiversity practices.
- Development and facilitation of capacity building & professional training to provide business training and education to managers, supervisors, and co-workers.
- Supporting the client with the onboarding process.
- Work alongside Specialisterne OBES team to troubleshoot and build on professional knowledge.
- Preparing high quality documentation according to the Specialisterne OBES process manual and quality assurance methods.
- Work collaboratively with the Specialisterne Program Delivery team to support the decision making process during assessment centres.
- Establishment (and where required facilitation) of support structures to retain candidates in the job.
- Manage day to day communications and relationship with client organisations operational teams.
- Continue to strive for improvement and innovation of OBES service.
- Occasional support other areas of service delivery and project work, including program delivery or training facilitation to key clients and organisations may be required
- Engaging in optional evaluation and continual improvement activities
- Strong focus on maintaining and growing client business relationships
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure clients and candidates experience a seamless service delivery experience
- Strong understanding of and alignment with organisational ethics and strategic goals
- Represent SCA in external forums and events where required
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Experience working with adolescents and/or adults on the autism spectrum.
- Experience in job coaching and employment mentoring
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Practical, self-motivated, collaborative, and energetic
- Experience in delivery and facilitation of training courses including train the trainer courses.
WHAT THE WORK ENVIRONMENT IS LIKE:
This role will require you to work from home, you may also be required you to work in different locations, on-site with various employers. You must be comfortable to travel to various worksites. Occasionally there may be some interstate travel required, however, where possible staff will support activities in their nominated state or territory.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Contact Vicky Little, National Manager, Quality and Practice, phone 0406 371 066 or email email@example.com, using the subject line: Ongoing Business Enablement Support Consultant enquiry via EthicalJobs.