Somerville has been operating in the Top End for over 50 years. Our mission is to impact positively on the dignity and quality of life of people who are affected by social and economic disadvantage.
We are a vibrant, multicultural organisation and a leading provider of social services in the Northern Territory. Last year alone we supported thousands of individuals and families through our three program arms: Housing and Homelessness, Financial Services and Disability Services.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Regional Manager Katherine role encompasses hands on leadership, business growth and other strategic activities along with frontline service delivery. The Regional Manager Katherine:
- Is wholly responsible for the operation of Somerville’s Supported Living program in the Katherine region,
- Will provide oversight, management, supervision and support to the Housing and Homelessness and Financial Counselling Services programs in Katherine, and
- Will work in close collaboration with the General Manager Community Services in the identification and development of potential business growth.
- A tertiary qualification (or working towards it) in Disability Services, Human Services or similar and or extensive experience of 5 years or more working with people with disabilities, people with psychosocial disabilities and people with behaviours of concern.
- Extensive and demonstrated understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework, current legislative requirements, national and international conventions related to people with disability and the implications of service delivery under these frameworks / principles.
- Understanding of the operational context and delivery of social services in the NT.
- Proven creative and effective management, leadership and team-building skills.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and skills in the provision of high level person centred support and promotion of community inclusion for vulnerable people including people with disability that exceeds the minimum disability standards.
- Highly developed written and oral communication, negotiation, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Highly developed organisational, time management, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage and meet the demands of multiple tasks, competing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism in the confidential management of all organisational, client and employee information.
- Three relevant references, including current or most recent manager
Desirable Criteria: Extensive experience in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse cultures
- Current Northern Territory Drivers Licence or willingness to change to NT licence and the ability to travel independently
- Current National Criminal History Check
- Working with Children Clearance (NT Ochre Card)
- First Aid Certificate 5. Vaccinations – Influenza, Hepatitis A and B
For more information please contact Manager, People & Culture on 08 8920 4100.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply