Somerville Community Services have been operating in the Northern Territory for over 50 Years. Our mission is to impact positively on the dignity and quality of life of people who are affected by social and economic disadvantage.
We are growing our high quality, personalised services to the Northern Territory community and exciting new opportunities are emerging for the right candidates. We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic people with a 'can do' attitude to join our family friendly, vibrant and dynamic team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The primary focus of this role is to provide competent and effective leadership and direction in the provision of quality community based supported living services for people with disability across multiple locations.
- Tertiary qualifications, minimum Certificate IV Disability Worker.
- Significant experience working with people with a broad range of disabilities
- Understanding and ability to implement the principles of Person-Centred Practices, Social Role Valorization and Positive Behavioural Support Framework
- Understanding of and commitment to implement the principles and practices of the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Understanding of restrictive practices framework and a commitment to supporting participants in a way that uses the least restrictive measures
- Sound communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective organisational and time management skills
- Commitment to cross cultural awareness
- High level of professionalism including the confidential management of all organisational, client and employee information
- Resilience, reliability and commitment to person-centred practice
- Current Criminal History Check;
- Current Working With Children Clearance
- Current NT Drivers Licence
- Vaccinations: Influenza; Hepatitis A & B
For more information please contact Manager, People & Culture on 8920 4100.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
A position description is attached.