- Be part of an organisation that makes a difference
- Sydney or Melbourne
- 9 month fixed term position with the potential to extend
The Smith Family is a national children’s education charity helping disadvantaged young Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves.
Reporting to the Design Lead, this mid-senior level role will lead strategic design processes that will look to develop a number of strategies to increase pre-school attendance in Australia.
A day in the life of an ECEC (Early Childhood Education and Care) Strategic Designer might look like this, but every day can be different. Primarily, you will be responsible for:
- Creating, planning and implementing strategic design processes to develop, test and iterate a number of strategic initiatives.
- Engaging with young people and their families using a range of engagement methodologies including co-design workshops and interviews.
- Using relevant innovation and design methodologies to test and iterate designs.
- Developing business and financial models to assess a design’s viability.
- Engaging with a range of internal stakeholders – from ground level operational staff to Executive.
It takes a special kind of person to be our ECEC Strategic Designer. The successful candidate will bring the following:
- Tertiary or equivalent qualifications in a relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated experience delivering human-centered design processes through user research, ideation, prototyping, and testing.
- Demonstrated experience using contemporary innovation methodologies including human-centered design, lean startup and agile.
- Experience working in service, program or strategy design in a social impact setting.
- Demonstrated planning and project management skills.
- Complex problem solving, systems thinking and analytical capability.
- Experience working with diverse groups of people, including young people and/or people experiencing disadvantage.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts and processes in accessible ways.
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
A full position description is available below.