- Be part of an organisation that makes a difference
- Take your next career step
- Permanent Full Time role
- Sydney National Office
The Smith Family is a national children’s education charity helping disadvantaged young Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves.
Reporting to the Data Platform Manager and working with a dedicated and passionate team, this pivotal role will work as part of an agile team to deliver outcomes for our customers, contributing to The Smith Family’s vision.
A day in the life of an Automation Tester might look like this, but every day can be different. This is a technical position with an equal focus on end-user interaction and carries accountability and responsibility for the following:
- Work closely with the business units to understand the goals, needs and functionality for the systems and associated processes
- Develop and enhance existing testing framework/solutions using appropriate tools
- Advise, negotiate, and facilitate communication between technical personnel, managers, and user / customer groups in order to ensure the efficient design, development, and implementation of information systems and process changes
- Creation and execution of the test plans for system implementation including regression testing
- Measure, analyse and report test coverage across all applicable dimensions
- Document and investigate issues uncovered during the testing process and work with the developers to resolve them
- Configure and manage test environments and ensure test data is up to date at all times and that personal identifiable information in test systems is obfuscated
- Ensuring the appropriate testing tasks are scheduled during sprint planning and participate actively in daily stand-up meetings, backlog refinement sessions, and team retrospectives
- Estimating time and effort for performing manual or automated tests for each product backlog item
- Tracking and reporting of the number and impact of issues resulting from application changes put into production
- Reporting on automated test coverage per product or platform
It takes a special kind of person to be our Automation Tester. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Test automation implementation using C# .net
- Test tools including Selenium and Katalon
- Technical knowledge of application design, database concepts and infrastructure
- Ability to plan and test accurately and effectively
- Well-developed knowledge of the systems development lifecycle
- Strong commitment to high standards, particularly data integrity, privacy and information security
- Highly self-directed and able to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent and competing challenges, issues and contradictions.
- Knowledge of The Smith Family’s mission, and the nature of services The Smith Family provides.
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to delivery strong performance outcomes.
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to make a difference and this sounds like your next role, please click apply, we’d love to hear from you. You may view the position description attached. For any other information, please contact Minu Ganesh, Data Platform Manager at Minu.Ganesh@thesmithfamily.com.au, using the subject line: Automation Tester enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.