About the Organisation
SisterWorks is a not-for-profit social enterprise, with its head office based in Richmond, Melbourne. SisterWorks’ mission is to support women from refugee, migrant and asylum-seeking backgrounds to improve their confidence, mental wellbeing, sense of belonging and economic outlook. SisterWorks does this by providing learning opportunities in a safe environment where Sisters can build their skills and community, and gain both the knowledge and the confidence to seek employment or further study. Our vision is an Australia where all migrant women are given the opportunities to become economically empowered.
The SisterWorks model, 'Work Empowers Women', is centred around empowerment, fostering a sense of independence and providing opportunities for building a community, learning new skills, and earning an income. This is achieved via our Empowerment Hubs in Richmond, Bendigo and Dandenong, as well as through our online learning platform.
About the Role
The role of the Marketing and Communications Coordinator is to take primary responsibility for the coordination of SisterWorks’ brand and organisational profile, including key communications and channels associated with this. The role will be responsible for the production of all SisterWorks’ digital communications including e-news, social media and website, and for establishing and maintaining reporting and analytics for communications activity. A key project over the first six months will be coordinating the redevelopment of the SisterWorks’ website.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will also work with the Head of Advocacy, Communications and Philanthropy to design and implement marketing strategies for SisterWorks’ key products and services, including identification of key audiences, development of marketing materials and collateral, and ongoing monitoring and review of marketing activities. A particular priority in this area of work is the marketing of our social enterprise.
The role will also be responsible for managing internal communications and communications relating to our programs and services.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Establish and implement brand and style guidelines for SisterWorks across the organisation and oversee stewardship of consistent brand implementation across the organisation.
- Develop, maintain, implement and report on SisterWorks’ digital strategy in consultation with the Head of Advocacy, Communications and Philanthropy.
- Manage the production of content for all digital communications including EDMs, social media and website.
- Coordinate the redevelopment of the SisterWorks’ website including liaising with external developers to plan and implement the project, overseeing the redevelopment ensuring all aspects of the brief are met, and auditing and developing existing and new copy for the website.
- Establish and maintain analytics, reporting and data management for all communication channels. Provide regular reports to the Head of Advocacy, Communications and Philanthropy and Management Team on digital activity.
- Support the development and implementation of marketing strategies for the organisation, including individual products and services.
- Support the development and implementation of internal communications systems and content.
- Support the development and implementation of program communications across SisterWorks’ programs and services.
- Working closely with the Head of Advocacy, Communications and Philanthropy develop and implement communications campaigns to support advocacy and fundraising activity.
- Manage external service providers relating to communications projects (including content providers, design agencies and communications providers).
- Remain up to date with existing and emerging technology, best practices, platforms and delivery to inform recommendations to the organisation.
Skills and Qualifications
- Tertiary qualification in marketing, communications or similar discipline along with 1-2 years previous experience in similar roles.
- Proven experience in planning and producing a range of communications, including social media and other online communications.
- Skilled in a range of communications systems including Mailchimp, social media platforms and scheduling tools, WordPress or other CMS, and ability to learn new systems quickly and effectively.
- Proven experience in the development and management of analytics and reporting on digital strategies.
- Proven experience in the development and delivery of marketing plans and activities.
- Exceptional writing skills with demonstrated experience in writing high-quality content for a range of audiences.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Under the direction of the Head of Advocacy, Communications and Philanthropy, ability to manage their workload and competing demands in a busy, small team environment.
- Ability to work independently and flexibly, as well as collaboratively as part of a team.
- Knowledge of the migrant, refugee and asylum seeker and/or community sector in Australia will be well regarded.
To be eligible for employment with SisterWorks you must be legally entitled to work in Australia and have satisfactory background checks prior to employment, such as mandatory police check and working with children check.
A position description is attached.