Sea Shepherd Australia is a non-profit conservation organisation whose mission is to end the destruction of habitat and slaughter of wildlife in the world's oceans in order to conserve and protect ecosystems and species.
Sea Shepherd Australia uses innovative direct-action tactics to investigate, document and take action when necessary to expose and confront illegal activities on the high seas. By safeguarding the biodiversity of our delicately balanced oceanic ecosystems, Sea Shepherd Australia works to ensure their survival for future generations.
To generate media content for campaigns which will in turn showcase to the general public what Sea Shepherd is trying to achieve, both onboard and offshore. While raising funds and awareness to continue Sea Shepherd campaigns in an effective manner through various mediums. Responsibilities also include creating and developing video content to assist in the smooth running of Sea Shepherd.
The Media Production Coordinator works closely with the Media Coordinator, Director and IT to ensure communication goals and outcomes are achieved.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop story and video ideas for Sea Shepherd campaigns, including conducting interviews and editorial content, conducting filming and final edit and production for both short and long films;
- Develop and produce miscellaneous non-campaign material - that is, footage for a range of internal and external purposes, ranging from clips for fundraising events, music events and festivals and other PR opportunities as required;
- Develop and produce multimedia content for Sea Shepherd Australia to assist in communications relating to outreach, fundraising and donor relations;
- Work with the Sea Shepherd Australia Team to develop and grow distribution channels and outreach opportunities;
- Work specifically with the Media Coordinator to ensure Sea Shepherd's communications goals and objectives are achieved;
- Work specifically with the Director, IT Communications where production output will impact on the Sea Shepherd website and other social media outlets;
- Understand the requirements for producing materials/videos for various target audiences and circumstances, including internal (Chapters, Onshore Volunteers, Crew, Sea Shepherd Staff and Supporters) and external publics and stakeholders (media, general public, schools, website and social media); and
- Develop protocol, media archiving and training procedures to facilitate and grow the media production volunteer team.
- Tertiary qualification in Film and television/communication
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a relevant role
- Understanding in communications and a background in Marketing and/or Public Relations
- Photographic ability and knowledge
- Knowledge of Sea Shepherd background, campaigns, values and mission
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector
A full Position Description is available below.