- Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) – D4 $14,335 - $17,918 p/m
- 12 month role
- Based in Nauru
An in-line Government of Nauru position within the Public Service, the Deputy Secretary (Treasury) is a key GoN position that has significant responsibility for providing strategic advice and assistance to the GoN on a broad range of financial and budgetary matters. The Deputy Secretary (Treasury) reports to the Secretary for Finance.
You will be accountable to and managed by Secretary for Finance, Ministry of Finance, Government of Nauru.
This role is expected to commence in December/January for a period of 12 months.
- Provide strategic advice and assistance to the GoN in relation to the management of public funds, development of the national budget and implementation of revenue and expenditure measures.
- Manage the preparation of national budget submissions and related budget documents and reports including, management of day to day processing within Treasury.
- Provide accurate and timely accounting information relating to the management of domestic and external financial resources.
- Lead and manage the Treasury Division.
- Provide capacity building for local counterparts in key areas of the operations of the Department of Finance.
- Integration of cross cutting themes into the Division.
- Bachelor level degree or post-graduate tertiary qualifications in accounting, finance, economics or related discipline.
- Experience in providing strategic advice to government ministers and associated stakeholders concerning financial, economic and public policy issues.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in senior executive roles, including senior level experience in a developing country Government Treasury or Finance department.
- Previous work experience in a Pacific Island country.
- A high level of proven competency in capacity development, coaching and mentoring teams.
- Experience in the preparation, monitoring and reporting of government budgets, including prioritising government expenditure in environments displaying transparent and accountable public financial management.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in “in-line” managerial positions responsible for the management of human resources to achieve organisation outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience of government accounting systems and related processes including experience in Financial Management Information Systems and preparation of accounting reports, including annual financial statements.
- High level conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to demonstrate sound judgement and negotiate to achieve outcomes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, with demonstrated capacity to adapt communication style to the audience.
- Well-developed administrative, organisational and coordination skills.
- Remuneration in line with the ARF – D4 - $14,335 - $17,918.
- Mobility and special location allowances.
- Flights, medicals, and insurance.
- Pre-departure briefing and in-country orientation.
- Ongoing assignment monitoring and support.
Scope Global – Engaged in the present to develop the future
Scope Global is a specialist project management company with people as the focus of its program delivery. We have a history of successfully managing projects in the international development and international education sectors.
The Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism Phase 2 (PACTAM2) is an Australian Government initiative, funded through the Australian aid program and managed by Scope Global. It places highly skilled Advisers with Partner Governments in participating Pacific Island countries to build capacity and to meet identified human resource needs.
A position description is attached.