- Sydney location
- 2-year contract
We believe good evidence and effective implementation have the power to solve our most pressing social problems. We are passionate about using our expertise to work with policy makers, practitioners and organisational leaders and funders to effectively use evidence to change lives for the better. We are an independent, not-for-profit organisation motivated by our mission to improve the lives of children, families and communities facing adversity. Our work can be summarised in three key areas:
- Making sense of the evidence: We are experts in accessing, synthesising and analysing high quality research to provide insights into what the evidence says is effective.
- Effectively implementing evidence in practice: Evidence needs to be put into practice to make a difference. We use our expertise in implementation science and practice and program design to identify ways to increase the uptake of research findings into routine practice.
- Trialing, testing and evaluating: We use rigorous methods and tools to trial, test and evaluate policies, practice and programs to ensure they are delivering the best possible outcomes for the communities they serve.
CEI is seeking an outstanding candidate for Advisor to support agencies in successfully implementing and evaluating policies, programs and service models.
This role will fit a proactive, curious and enthusiastic team member with excellent research and evaluation skills and a demonstrated ability to solve problems through informed, analytical and critical thinking. CEI values people who have a strong sense of integrity, professional ethics, collaboration and commitment to evidence informed practice and policy making.
- Evaluating projects in social policy using rigorous methodology
- Managing evaluation projects, teams and partners
- Communicating evaluation findings to policy-makers and practitioners
- Contributing to CEI's thought leadership in implementation science and evaluation.
- Education: Minimum of a postgraduate degree with a significant research component in the area of psychology, social science, health, or relevant discipline
- At least 3 years demonstrated prior experience in research and evaluation roles, including strong skills in the gathering, translating and communicating of evidence for policy and practice
- Demonstrated experience in at least 1 of the following content areas: public health, child and social welfare, education, health, housing and homelessness, early years, parenting and families, justice and employment and a willingness to quickly develop expertise in the other areas
- Strong project management and organisational skills, with an ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic environment and produce deliverables on time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to collaborate with a broad variety of stakeholders from policy, research and practice
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including problem resolution and a collaborative approach to multi-disciplinary teamwork.
- A strong understanding of implementation science and its application to evaluation.
What's in it for you:
CEI is committed to:
- Growth and development of staff through individual development plans
- Agile work environment
- Supportive team with strong culture and camaraderie
- Opportunity to work for an impact-focused organisation
- Competitive salary reflective of skills and experience
To apply for this role, please submit your cover letter, statement addressing the selection criteria and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Description - Advisor
We know diversity makes a positive difference and our hiring process reflects this value.
Please note: The Centre for Evidence and Implementation (CEI) is founded by Save the Children Australia. Being a child-safe organisation, all employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check, and sign our Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.