WHO WE ARE:
With significant experience in the disability sector within government and community organisations, Rubix Support is passionate about supporting people with cognitive impairments lead the life they want to live and to achieve their goals and aspirations. Rubix Support provide support to people aged between two years to sixty five years old.
We are a registered provider under the NDIS and provide services across three main areas - positive behaviour support, support coordination and lifestyle support. We are focused on evidenced based best practice and are passionate about achieving positive outcomes for the people we support.
WHAT WE DO:
Rubix Support’s Vision is to be a leader in the provision of evidence-based, practical, individualised behaviour assessment and support for people with intellectual impairments with complex support needs.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- When you join our team you become one of us! We are committed to your personal growth and provide you with significant, on-going support including training opportunities. Rubix Support do not hire people in subcontracting arrangements, just like the good old days, you will have job security! This means that you will never be asked to provide your own ABN number/insurance etc. You are covered by, and paid above industry award classifications and receive all standard entitlements such recreational and sick leave, travel allowance, and that all important 17.5% leave loading as you would expect.
- You will be part of a team that has significant experience supporting people with cognitive impairments. We are a team that strives on positive team culture, are always happy to support each other and who enjoy a good laugh.
- You are provided with all the necessary tools to complete your rewarding role including an Apple MacBook and phone which provides you with the ability to work flexibly.
- Connection and support is really important for everyone who works with us which is why we have two offices where you can work from as well as the ability to work remotely.
- You are provided with extensive support throughout the week, not just at the fortnightly supervisions or monthly team meetings that occur.
- Our claimable hours of work each day is significantly below the industry standard and, based on best practice to achieve outcomes with the individuals we support.
- Working with an established service that has significant experience within the Support Coordination space not only provides you with vast opportunities for development but also ensures that the people you support will be given the best possible outcome.
- Access to weekly online Yoga through a qualified and experienced yoga therapist who is also a qualified social worker.
- Ability to salary sacrifice into superannuation and other industry benefits.
AS A SPECIALIST SUPPORT COORDINATOR YOU WILL:
- Provide support to people at risk, including young people in out of home care and people involved in the criminal justice system
- Assist people to find specialised services and support in keeping with their NDIS plan goals and funding
- Use your knowledge and skills to ensure that the person's goals are being achieved through advocacy and support
- Research, coordinate and manage a range of supports to suit the participant's needs across multiple providers
- Actively support participants to connect with their communities and encourage participation in both mainstream and community options
- Work closely with the person's family and support network
- Maintain documented evidence to demonstrate that Rubix Support and NDIS procedures are followed
- Communicate professionally and be responsive when working with external providers within complex care teams
- Be effective in advocating for positive outcomes and ensuring service providers are meeting timelines
- Be able to work independently in remote settings but maintain effective communication with management
- Have strong administrative and record-keeping skills, ensuring adherence to privacy and confidentially legislation
- Ensure completion of NDIS participant service agreements and other related documentation
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- A tertiary qualification in one of the following; social work, occupational therapy, speech pathology, psychology, developmental educators or similar fields
- Strong report writing skills
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience and understanding of the support needs of people with disability across home and community settings
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work and communicate effectively with participants, their families, community agencies and other professionals
- A focus on supporting someone to increase their quality of life through self-determination and person-centred thinking
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and prioritise tasks in an efficient manner
- Ability to work independently
- Have a valid driver’s licence
- Willing and able to use own vehicle for work purposes
- A current Working with Children’s Check
- A cleared National Police Check (under 6 months old)
RUBIX SUPPORT OPERATES A STRINGENT SAFETY SCREENING PROCEDURE FOR ALL PREFERRED CANDIDATES INCLUDING:
- An identity check
- A satisfactory national and international (where applicable) police check
- A current Working with Children's Check
- A cleared NDIS worker screening check
- Two professional references
A full position description is available below.
Interviews will occur throughout the advertised period.