- Closed-term full-time (ending September 2022)
- Based with our headspace Bankstown team
- Rotating Saturday roster
About headspace and Flourish Australia
One in four young people have experienced a mental health issue in the past 12 months – a higher prevalence than all other age groups. headspace provides early intervention mental health services to young people who present with mental health issues, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’ wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services.
Flourish Australia has a long and proud history of providing recovery-oriented mental health services in Australia. We offer a range of services to meet the different needs of those with a lived experience of a mental health issue. This includes help with finding a home that is safe and secure, assistance with training and getting a job, or encouragement to develop friendships and learn new things. Together we set goals, connect individuals with the right people, support services and opportunities to meet their needs.
About the Opportunity
On a day to day basis, the Senior Youth Access Clinician will:
- Deliver quality, evidence-based recovery focused mental health services including assessments, individualised person-centered planning and coordination, and the delivery of relevant therapeutic interventions.
- Design treatment plans and relevant interventions to assist the young person to drive their own recovery plan.
- Coordinate supports with service providers including medical professionals, Government Departments and services, non-government organisations and schools.
- Provide supervision, support, guidance, and mentoring of students and provisionally registered psychologists.
- Identifying and implementing community based activities that will support the social and emotional well being of the individual on their recovery journey
- Offering education and guidance on clinical matters.
Ideally, you will have significant experience working within the Mental Health sector combined with relevant qualifications. You must also be currently registered, or eligible for registration (National or State) as a Psychologist, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker, Mental Health Nurse or other allied health professional.
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Nursing, Occupational Therapy or other allied health discipline, and eligibility for membership of an appropriate professional body; and eligibility to register with Medicare Australia as an MBS Primary Care provider or an Allied Mental Health Professional provider.
- Minimum of 2 years clinical experience and have (or are eligible to receive) National or State registration.
- Are able to demonstrate an in depth knowledge of recovery focused practice.
- Have a clear understanding and/or knowledge of the concept and impact of mental health in the community.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have a high degree of computer literacy.
For further information, please contact Lucinda Spencer, Clinical and Operations Manager, E: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Senior Youth Access Clinician - headspace Bankstown enquiry via EthicalJobs (please do not email applications)
About the Benefits
- Attractive salary starting at $74,000 per annum
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900
- 10% superannuation + 17.5% annual leave loading + 2 additional days of personal leave
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Career development opportunities