NT residency essential, applicants from Central Australia are strongly encouraged.
Relationships Australia Northern Territory is seeking Expressions of Interest for 3 Board Directors who can demonstrate a capability to contribute to our organisation at a strategic level.
Join us and support our purpose to empower individuals, families, and communities to grow through a rich culture of belonging, connection, and respectful relationships.
The Board currently meets 6 times per year, while the Board members’ positions are voluntary, expenses incurred to attend meetings will be paid or reimbursed and professional development activities may be supported.
Required skills or specialities
- Professional experience in finance and willing to act as Treasurer.
- Be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander or multicultural decent.
- Possess clinical background in counselling, social work, or psychology with experience in clinical governance and / or clinical management.
- Possess knowledge and awareness of the social disadvantage issues impacting people of the Northern Territory.
- Demonstrated understanding of legal frameworks and applicable legislation relevant to Boards, Directors, and the operation of the Association.
- Have legal/Commercial/social enterprise - proven ability to identify and critically evaluate growth opportunities and identify new ways in which the objectives of the Association can be achieved.
- A selection of professional skills encompassing strategy, legal, ﬁnance, marketing, human resources, quality, safety, advocacy, risk management, practical and pragmatic approach.
- Sound judgement with a good strategic lens and sensitive to the needs of vulnerable members of the community.
- Mix of commercial, government and/or NFP sector skills and experience with an understanding of community development or welfare.
- Knowledge of decision-making and governance processes ideally in a community and/or place-based setting.
- A strong values alignment and empathy for the work of RA-NT.
Eligibility for Board membership
- Over the age of eighteen.
- Financial member of RA-NT.
- Not disqualified as a Director under Corporations Act or ACNC act.
How to Apply
If you are interested to nominate for a Board position, please send your Professional CV together with a short overview of the value you can bring to RA-NT Board.
A full board induction will also be conducted upon your appointment. If you would like to discuss this opportunity further prior to applying, please contact Terri-ann Maney CEO, phone: 0498 333 278 or email [email protected] using the subject line: Board Members x3 (Voluntary Positions) enquiry via EthicalJobs.