Our client, the Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand Ltd (TSANZ) is a health promotion charity whose mission is to lead, support and enable all health workers and researchers who aim to prevent, cure, and relieve the burden, disability and mortality caused by respiratory conditions.
The TSANZ is the only Peak Body in Australia and New Zealand that represents all health professionals working in all fields of respiratory health and has a membership base of over 1800 individuals.
The TSANZ is a leading provider of evidence-based guidelines for the treatment of respiratory conditions in Australia and New Zealand, undertakes professional education and training, is responsible for significant research administration, and coordinates an accredited respiratory laboratory program.
This parental leave cover contract role will be responsible for ensuring effective research and policy management. The role will provide operational oversight for research and awards, clinical quality registries, external policy consultations and development of TSANZ policies, guidance, and resources derived from a best practice evidence base.
Key accountabilities include:
- Working collaboratively with the Research, Registries and Clinical Trials Board subcommittees
- Working to ensure sustainable growth in clinical engagement in Registries and evidence translation to improved patient care
- Maintaining relationships with stakeholders including other charities in the respiratory health space
- Working with the CEO and partners to support the translation of advocacy to practice and policy
- Ensuring sustainable financial management of the Research and Awards, Registries and Policy and Advocacy portfolios in line with TSANZ’s governance and policies.
- Managing a team of up to six (6) staff
The successful applicant will have:
- Significant clinical registries and research management experience and a detailed knowledge of the regulatory and governance requirements of multi-centre clinical research.
- Exposure to policy and advocacy work highly advantageous.
- A sound understanding of the legal and regulatory obligations to ensure the TSANZ meets its governance and compliance requirements
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage projects and deliver successful and timely outcomes within budget. Along with the ability to monitor for continuous improvement and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholder relationships and work collaboratively to achieve joint objectives.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organisational, planning and multi-tasking skills along with the ability to coordinate competing priorities.
- Advanced level proficiency Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite
Benefits of working with TSANZ:
- Opportunity to work with progressive minded peers, partners and stakeholders
- NFP Salary packaging
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous Leave
- Opportunity to make a difference to Australians and New Zealanders’ health needs
- The successful candidate will be available to commence in June 2022 for a hand-over and continue through to the end of March 2023.
If you are able to lead the research and policy functions of a progressive not-for-profit organisation in the Health/Charity sector, are highly organised and value making a positive and impactful contribution to business, continuous improvement and high-quality outcomes, this role is for you. Apply now!
A position description is attached.
For a confidential conversation call Anna Hazewinkel on 1300 277 633.