- Location: Canberra
- Full-time Fixed-term contract to 30 June 2020 - with potential for up to a 3-year extension
- Reconciliation Australia Level 4 , Salary Range $70,000 - $80,000 + Super. Starting salary will depend on experience and qualification
Who We Are
Reconciliation Australia is an independent, national not for-profit organisation promoting reconciliation by building relationships, respect and trust between the wider Australian community and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Our vision is for all Australians to wake to a reconciled, just and equitable Australia.
Reconciliation Australia is looking for highly skilled, passionate and enthusiastic people to assist us in meeting our organisational goals. There are currently up to two positions available.
The Role and Duties:
The Social Media Content Manager and Event Manager will make a significant contribution to Reconciliation Australia’s communications and engagement activities. The successful applicants will work closely with internal and external stakeholders and be an integral part of the Communications and Engagement team.
- Manage digital communications calendar for effective and timely output, including social/digital elements of media campaigns
- Work with other team members to produce daily and/or as-needed social and digital content according to the needs of Reconciliation Australia and its strategic intent.
- This content could include stories, posts, video, image and other digital content and collateral for website, newsletters, social media, reports, media releases, speeches etc
- Identify key media and communication channels which are particularly relevant for raising awareness about reconciliation
- Analyse campaign performance providing insight and recommendations to better target Reconciliation Australia’s stakeholders and broaden our audience
- Coordinate and provide responses to media enquiries, as needed including liaising with media and senior Reconciliation Australia spokespeople
- Monitor the media and provide reports as requested
- Ensure that all published content meets Reconciliation Australia’s standard and governance/policy guidelines
- Plan and manage events as required, including media and stakeholder events
- Engage and manage relationships with high profile Indigenous leaders and stakeholders, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community organisations
- Desirable: Demonstrated skills in writing for various audiences and purposes, including: social; EDMs; reports; digital campaigns; newsletters and speeches