- Use your private fundraising and revenue generation experience to drive support and funds from major donors, trusts and foundations
- Permanent part-time position (30 Hours per week) with the flexibility to work from home and from within our Sydney office
- Work in a growing not for profit, delivering best practice youth mentoring to over 2,000 at-risk young people Australia wide
- A new role within the team, ready for you to make your mark
At Raise we exist to help young people. We do one thing, and we do it really well – youth mentoring.
Our best-practice, school-based program is proven to make positive and sustained change. Mentoring empowers young people to be resilient, connected and hopeful for the future. We match trained volunteers with teenagers who would benefit most from an independent, caring adult who is there to listen – and be there just for them.
Our early intervention youth mentoring program is currently in over 150 high schools across Australia. This translates to over 2,000 young people matched with a qualified mentor, and we are growing each year.
About the Role:
Reporting to Director of Partnerships and Fundraising, this new and exciting role will be responsible for, developing, leading and implementing strategies that build successful relationships with philanthropic trusts and foundations and major donors.
We are seeking an experienced and well networked relationship fundraiser, with a strong alignment and passion for the work we do at Raise.
As the Philanthropy Manager at Raise, you will use your strategic fundraising and revenue generation experience to drive support and engagement, ultimately supporting fundraising and business growth for the organisation. You will have significant previous experience in a similar role (min. 5 years), and a proven track record for securing major gifts.
This is a national role based in Sydney and travel may be required from time to time.
Specifically, in this role you will:
- Use your existing networks, and through building new networks, identify potential funding and relationship opportunities for Raise
- Cultivate, secure and nurture funding relationships
- Have the ability to build deep relationships with diverse stakeholders, make asks and raise significant funds.
- Have a genuine interest and respect for the relationships you build
- Have strong skills, ability and comfort in asking for donations
- Use your excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) to engage with significant funders, representing Raise via events and proposals.
- Build a portfolio of engagement opportunities for your private donor portfolio.
- Use your strong organisational skills to plan, lead and deliver these engagement opportunities (e.g. events)
- Work closely with Raise Leadership Team, Fundraising Advisory Council and Board as part of the process of securing gifts
- Implement tailored journeys for your portfolio of donors
- Identify and attend networking opportunities connected with the role including events which may occur outside normal business or working hours
- Identify and pursue opportunities to build awareness of Raise in the private philanthropic space.
- Work closely with Raise internal teams to ensure the success of your relationships, and the best outcomes for Raise and the young people we support
- Deliver annual individual financial targets and contribute to broader team and organisational financial targets and key performance indicators
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate, be persuasive, and be a compelling presenter that develops trust and maintains strong working relationships.
- Ability to be self-motivated, responsive, and flexible in an environment with time pressures and multiple priorities.
- Use your financial management experience to accurately manage your pipeline and forecasts.
In addition, you will used to delivering excellence and growth in the ongoing relationship management of your portfolio of partners, building engagement and shared value for long term relationships.
Skills and experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong motivation to drive business development and meet fundraising goals
- Sales planning, prospecting and closing skills with a customer focused approach
- Strong capability to represent Raise to funders
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Relevant market/industry knowledge
- Excellent organisational skills and commitment to CRM usage (Salesforce)
- Excellent interpersonal relationships and ability to network
- Completion of Raise selection process including Youth Safety Checks (Working with Children (Employee) Check and National Crime Check)
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office365, Salesforce, and cloud-based systems such as Sharepoint
- Prior relevant experience in the not for profit industry and a genuine interest in working with young people
- Comfortable asking for donations/gifts on behalf of a charity
- Ability to dream big and be creative whilst building your portfolio for Raise
- Outstanding ability to build and maintain relationships
- Influential, inspiring, motivating
- Takes initiative and results orientated
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Well organised with good time management
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Integrity and professionalism
- High energy level
- Warm and friendly outlook
- Reliable, committed and dedicated
- Shows honesty and integrity, and leads by example
- Shows respect of privacy and confidentiality
- Passionate about Raise and supporting youth
Six values that express our shared understanding of what we believe, how we would like others to see our personality, what we aspire to as an organisation, and how we aim to behave:
Be Courageous – we are imaginative, driven, progressive, confident
Show Heart – we are kind, passionate, sincere, empathetic
Give Respect – we believe in acceptance, equity, inclusivity
Apply Integrity – we operate with authenticity, accountability, transparency
Bring Vitality – we are positive, fun, energetic, inspiring
Deliver Excellence – we are evidence-based, responsive, consistent, experts in our industry