With one in every eight Australians caring for a family member or friend, Carers Queensland is committed to providing specialised carer, aged, and disability support services.
For more than 30 years, we have been working to advocate for equal rights, opportunities, and enhanced outcomes for families.
Join us as we launch a new program and initiative of Carers Queensland, funded by the Department of Social Services, and piloted over the next two and a half years.
The program will deliver an end-to-end vocational coaching model to support client-centred outcomes and measurable social and economic benefits.
About the Role:
- Carers Queensland is looking for a tenacious self-starter, who is dedicated to helping shape the future careers of our clients
- Based in South East Queensland, you will work with the Business Development Officers in building and maintaining employer and industry connections
- You will be required to travel across your designated region, meeting with businesses, employers and clients, where you will be developing relationships with key stakeholders and securing on-going placement/recruitment/employment and/or volunteering opportunities
- You will also build and maintain a database to support successful matching of work placement, recruitment, employment and/or volunteering outcomes
About You - Do you have?
- Relevant tertiary qualification (i.e. Human Resources) or minimum 2 years' experience in an Employment Placement Officer role
- Demonstrated experience in recruitment
- Experience with Jobactive and/or Disability Employment Services
- Client-Centred focus with demonstrated ability and experience interacting and supporting a diverse client body in a positive, friendly and welcoming manner
- Ability to market the skills and aptitudes of individual students to meet the employment needs and skill demands of employers
- Current Queensland open driving licence and ability to undertake regular travel as required
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including Working with Persons with Disability Check and Working with Children Check.
What's On Offer
As an employee of Carers Queensland, you will work with people who are passionate about making a difference; are target focused; who are open to new ways of thinking; who value genuine, long-lasting relationships; and who are flexible, resilient, and believe in equity and opportunity for all.
You'll be provided opportunities to learn and evolve as part of a growing and innovative organisation, given the chance to do work that makes a genuine difference in your community.
- Opportunity to work for a peak industry body in Queensland
- Attractive Remuneration Package of CSW4.1 - $71,839.14 per annum plus super with excellent Not for Profit tax benefits available
- Flexible and supportive work environment where your contribution is valued