- Full or Part Time (minimum 3 days)
- Join a passionate, supportive team where your skills and ideas will be valued.
- Work in a variety of settings to provide a high quality service to families.
- Enjoy a flexible, family centred working environment.
Join Plumtree as a Physiotherapist, working with young children and their families. Full time and part time (minimum 3 days) roles are available.
Who we are:
Plumtree is an independent, community based, not for profit organisation, working across the Inner West, East and South East of Sydney. We offer a range of services for young children (aged 0 – 8) of all abilities and their families. Most families who use our service have a child with a disability or delay in development. Much of our work is through the Key Worker model and we support each other to develop as trans-disciplinary practitioners by sharing our skills and experience. We value family centred practice, inclusion and diversity. We strive to be innovative and welcome the contributions of all families and staff towards developing better ways to assist families in reaching their goals. NDIS. Plumtree is registered with the NDIS.
What the role involves:
- You will work with families in their homes, and in children's preschools, childcare centres and schools, as well as our Marrickville Centre.
- You may also have the opportunity to work in one of our group programs, or in our Learning Together program of workshops for families.
- While using your skills and knowledge as a Physiotherapist, you will consider the whole child and all the families' priorities, calling on team members from other disciplines as needed.
- In all your work you will build on strengths. Where challenges arise you will approach them collaboratively, in partnership with families, carers, teachers and colleagues.
- You will have opportunities to learn from others, and to contribute your own knowledge and experience. Our Physiotherapist team are passionate about sharing their skills with each other, and meet regularly for this purpose.
- You will be welcome to participate in online training programs in the Keyworker model and/or in Positive Behaviour Support.
What you bring to the role:
You are an experienced Physiotherapist who wants to make a difference for children and families while working in a supportive and creative team environment.
- Tertiary qualifications in Physiotherapy
- At least 3 years' experience working with young children with a disability
- Membership of your professional association
- Experience working with families who have complex needs
- Experience working with families from an Aboriginal or CALD background
- Experience in developing plans with families
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work collaboratively within childcare and preschool settings and/or schools
- A comprehensively insured vehicle
- A Working with Children Check and Police Check
You are able to demonstrate your understanding of:
- Plumtree values
- Family centred practice
- A trans-disciplinary team approach
- The service system, especially within the Sydney area, or a capacity to understand service systems
While the above criteria are essential, you may also have particular interests or skills which you would like to tell us about, such as:
- Speaking a second language
- Equipment prescription
- Working with children with complex sensory issues
- Developing Positive Behaviour Support plans
- Using IT creatively in the workplace
- Supervising students
- Developing and/or conducting workshops for parents
Some of the reasons staff enjoy working at Plumtree:
- We offer services six days a week and you choose which days you work
- You can choose your start and finish times to suit your situation: work hours can vary across a pay cycle and working from home can be negotiated
- We offer above award salaries and salary sacrifice is available
- We support each team member's professional development through individual training goals, weekly team meetings and several whole team training days each year
- We use technology, including iPads for all therapists which we use in a variety of ways
- Work is varied – there is always something new happening at Plumtree
- We are a friendly, caring team which welcomes new members