The Parks Community Network provides a range of programs and services for our local community. We are looking for a motivated Enriching Kids Program Support Worker to assist on the program.
This is a fixed term position 18 hours per fortnight until 30th of June 2021.
Key responsibilities include:
- To assist the EKP Coordinator to deliver group activities tailored for children up to 12 years (who may be vulnerable or at risk) addressing friendships, conflict resolution and emotional well-being
- To facilitate referrals for parents / carers in need of ongoing family assistance
- To assist with the evaluation of the program
To be a successful applicant you will have:
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated knowledge of the range of healthy developmental indicators for social and emotional health in children
- Demonstrated ability to assist in the delivery of group activities for children (up to 12 years) and families
- Demonstrated ability to provide information and referrals service
- Ability to work professionally across a range of disciplines
- Ability to relate to clients and their families from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Ability to work as part of a team and to show initiative
- Good communication skills including advocacy, public speaking and presentation of material to groups and meetings
- Experience in working children from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds and other disadvantaged groups
- Current computer and IT skills
This position is identified as ‘child-related employment’ and shall be subject to necessary checks.
For further information please ring The Parks Community Network Inc on 02 9609 7400.
A full position description is attached below.