The Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Alcohol and Other Drug Support Worker will deliver community based alcohol and other drug (AOD) psychosocial services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer, asexual, pansexual (LGBTIQAP+), Brotherboy and Sistergirl young people aged 12 to 24 who are experiencing substance use dependence or experiencing concerns related to their AOD use, with a focus on young Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, their families and communities.
- Delivery of community based psychosocial interventions for LGBTIQAP+ Sistergirl and Brotherboy young people across all types and stages of their AOD use.
- Provide AOD support that is specifically tailored for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander LGBTIQAP+ Sistergirl and Brotherboy young people, their families and communities.
- Conduct AOD screening assessments, including comprehensive risk assessments
- Provision of evidence based AOD brief interventions, motivational interviewing, harm reduction information, psychosocial education, and safety planning
- Developing collaborative goal-oriented treatment plans for young people based on their strengths, resilience and protective factors
- Provide flexible supports that meet clients needs, including outreach and use of interpreters.
- Coordinate with partner organisations and referral networks to facilitate access to other services that supporting the achievement of client goals
- Deliver groups for LGBTIQAP+ Sistergirl and Brotherboy young people that increases their connection to peers, services and their community.
- Delivery of LGBTIQAP+ Sistergirl and Brotherboy professional development sessions.
A full position description, including selection criteria, is attached.