Home is Located in Rivervale
If creating a better life for people with disabilities is what gets you up in the morning, then we have the job for you. We have a full-time 12 month contract position for a dedicated and courageous Residential Service Manager for a disability support home located in Rivervale.
About the role:
The home will support residents with complex intellectual needs who require positive behaviour support. You will lead a team of support workers; provide hands on care; and be the link between the residents, families, health professionals and the office. You will also be responsible for ensuring the home runs efficiently.
What you'll need:
- A certificate IV in Disability or higher or certificate IV in Community Sector Management, or at least three years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in implementing medical and clinical plans developed by professionals
- Experience working with people who have complex intellectual disabilities and who need positive behaviour support
- Significant experience in leading engaged, diverse and productive teams to achieve service user and organisational goals.
- The experience, skills and courage to solve problems and resolve conflict
- To be able to develop person-centred plans and conduct reviews Sound working knowledge of administration systems, processes, and budget management
- To be able to use IT programs and systems including Microsoft Office, rostering, financial, and records management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work out of office hours as required
You will also need the following compliances:
- Australian drivers’ license
- Police Clearance (obtained only from CITED)
- First Aid
- NDIS Worker Screen Check
What we give back:
- Salary packaging of up to $15,900 for general living expenses and an additional $2,650 for entertainment benefits per annum
- Free, confidential counselling service
- Additional superannuation contributions options available
- Professional development opportunities
- Working with a great team of like-minded people
- Personal/Carers/Compassionate Leave and other leave options
Still reading? You might just be the kind of Residential Service Manager we need. Be sure to apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria “What you’ll need”.
If you require further information on the role, please contact Area Manager, Grant Williams on 0434 337 048.
Please be advised we will proceed with interviews prior to the closing date.