- Temporary full-time
- $115,385.00 - $155,417.00 per annum commensurate with experience
- + Superannuation + 5 week annual leave
- + 12 RDOs + Christmas shut down
The New South Wales Nurses and Midwives’ Association (NSWNMA) in association with the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation New South Wales Branch (ANMF NSW Branch) seeks a self-motivated Professional Officer to join our Professional Services Team on a temporary full-time contract until 23 December 2022.
The successful applicant will provide professional advice to the NSWNMA officers and its members, and provide representation on professional issues on national, state and local forums.
In this role you will:
- Recruit members to the NSWNMA
- Respond to and meet the information needs of our members
- Identify potential professional issues of interest or concern to the members and the NSWNMA and respond accordingly
- Develop and review all NSWNMA policies, position statements and guidelines in a timely fashion
- Provide education to members that addresses current nursing and midwifery practices
- Networking and building relationships with external stakeholders
- Provide information and professional advice to both internal and external stakeholders
- Actively represent the NSWNMA in a wide range of forums
- Actively participate as a member of the Professional Services team
- Provide a quality professional service to our members
- Improve own professional skills and knowledge relevant to the position
- Consult with members when appropriate
To be considered for this role you require:
- Recognised qualifications in the field of nursing/midwifery
- Demonstrated analytical and research skills and experience in the preparation of submissions and report writing
- Demonstrated experience in project management, policy development and broad research skills
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage several issues simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in and tertiary qualifications in a relevant field
- Experience in teaching/education of nurses and midwives would be an advantage
- A clear understanding of trade union principles
- At least two years financial membership of the NSWNMA or related union
- Knowledge of contemporary nursing/midwifery and health industry standards
- Public speaking experience and presentation skills
- Well developed information technology skills with proven competence in the application of the Microsoft Office suite
- Commitment to the trade union movement.
NSWNMA/ANMF NSW Branch is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fosters a diverse workplace.
Submit your application below. Your application must briefly address each point of selection criteria found in the Professional Officer position description.