"Full citizenship for all people living with mental health issues in Australian society."
About the role
- Part Time (0.7FTE)
- Maximum Term Contract until 30 June 2025
- CSD Level 4 from $84,003 - $87,806 pa (pro rata) dependent on skills and experience
- 7-day rotating Roster
The Kalgoorlie Step Up/Step Down Service is a 10 bed, maximum 28 day stay facility, that provides a Step Up/Step Down option for people who are becoming unwell or are still recovering from an acute illness and need a short period of additional support and consolidation to complement their treatment and support. The Kalgoorlie Step Up/Step Down is operated by Neami in partnership with WA Country Health Service.
The Step Up/Step Down Service will accept referrals from the Goldfields region. During their stay consumers are assisted to develop a wellness plan including relapse prevention. The staff team at Kalgoorlie Step Up/Step Down will consist of a Manager, a Senior Practice Leader, Community Rehabilitation and Support Workers (CRSWs), an AOD Liaison Worker, Peer Support Worker (PSW), and Administration Support. The facility is staffed 24 hours per day, 7 days per week and operates on a 7 day rotating roster consisting of morning and afternoon shifts.
As the Senior Practice Leader you will:
- Work with the Service Manager to establish and maintain strong working partnerships with clinical mental health teams and other community partner organisations
- Work in close partnership with the Service Manager to provide leadership, practice development and coaching sessions to service delivery staff
- Provide instruction and guidance on practice issues to Community Rehabilitation and Support Workers and Peer Support Workers, applying coaching and mentoring principles
What will you bring to the role?
Our ideal candidate will have broad experience in the delivery of mental health support services and the ability to inspire, motivate and coach staff to deliver these. We seek an enthusiastic and positive person to work alongside the Service Manager to provide practice guidance, supervision and support.
Other skills we are looking for:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Mental Health
- Knowledge of mental health programs in the Region
- Knowledge of mental health and drug and alcohol issues in the Region
- Experience in managing a team
- The ability to adhere to principles and values
- The necessary skills to work with people from diverse backgrounds and build relationships
- Sound organisational and decision-making skills with the ability to respond and adapt to change
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven experience in solving complex problems
- Current Working with Children Check
- Australian Working Rights
- Drivers licence
- Police check (refer to PD) – disclosable outcomes considered
- Diverse and inclusive organisation
- Induction and extensive Learning and Development Program
- Regular Practice Development sessions and coaching with your supervisor
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
- Excellent conditions including paid parental leave, a monthly accrued day off, generous long service leave, wellness and gratis leave
- Pet friendly environment
For any queries, please contact:
Name: Naomi Beare, WA Clinical Services Regional Manager
Phone number: 08 6252 0420
A position description is attached.