About the Role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate Mental Health Professional to join the multi-disciplinary team at Links to Wellbeing on a full time basis providing high quality focused mental health clinical services to individuals with mental health disorders in a primary care setting.
The Mental Health Shared Care Service (MHSCS) Project is part of the stepped care model of service delivery and sits at the higher end of the model within the chronic and complex mental health spectrum. The Project includes provision of psychological therapeutic services, clinical care planning and clinical care coordination for eligible individuals with chronic and complex mental health and associated co-morbid difficulties, predominately residing in the outer Southern area of metropolitan Adelaide.
The Mental Health Clinician will be responsible for:
- You will be committed to delivering focused psychological services as part of a multidisciplinary team approach to meet the primary care, mental health, drug and alcohol, economic and social recovery needs of consumers with complex mental and physical health care needs between the ages of 18 of to 65 years
- Provide clinically appropriate, evidence based clinical interventions in accordance with the current Adelaide Primary Health Network (APHN) Shared Care guidelines
- Work collaboratively with clients and their families to identify their mental health needs
- Coordinate client therapeutic interventions clients presenting with severe and complex mental health illness by formulating client plans in collaboration with the client, family / carers, staff including making internal and external referrals
- Qualified in one of the following disciplines and membership to associated professional body; Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, or Mental Health Nursing
- Current and full registration and maintaining annual registration requirements with the appropriate registration authority (AASW, AHPRA) and continuing professional development (CPD)
- Current Working with Children and Vulnerable Person’s Check
- Australian Working Rights
- Drivers licence
- Police check (refer to PD) – disclosable outcomes considered
- At all times maintain annual registration requirements with appropriate registration authority (AASW, AHPRA) including registration standards and continuing professional development (CPD).
- The mental health clinician will have demonstrated clinical experience in assessment and the provision of focused psychosocial strategies for people with severe and complex mental health care settings
- A minimum 2 years experience in the area of mental health
- A minimum 2 years relevant professional development and or supervision
- Experience in delivery cognitive behaviour therapy and other evidence-based interventions
The Links to Wellbeing (LTW) consortium is a group of mental health and community service providers, consisting of:
- Neami National
- Mind Australia
- Uniting Care Wesley Bowden (UCWB)
The organisations have built upon existing strong partnerships in the primary health and community service sectors.
The Adelaide Primary Health Network have commissioned the Links to Wellbeing consortium to provide Primary Mental Health Services that will provide clinical support including psychological services, care coordination and non-clinical mental health support, which can help people to find the right support and navigate the options available to them across the stepped care continuum.
About Neami National:
Neami National is a community mental health service supporting people living with mental illness to improve their health, live independently and pursue a life based on their own strengths, values and goals.
In our most recent Staff Engagement Survey, 89% of our Staff recommend Neami as a great place to work, with 87% of staff proud to say they work for Neami.
- Diverse and inclusive organisation
- Induction and extensive Learning and Development Program
- Regular Practice Development sessions and coaching with your supervisor
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
A position description is attached.