About Myeloma Australia
Myeloma Australia is the only Australian myeloma specific not-for-profit organisation. We support, educate, inform, empower and bring hope to people who are living with myeloma, and their loved ones. We also facilitate myeloma research in Australia; educate health professionals involved in the care and treatment of those living with myeloma; raise community awareness and understanding of myeloma; and advocate for improved patient access to the latest treatments at affordable prices.
Our purpose is to:
- Enable those affected by myeloma to take control of their situation and work in partnership with their health professionals;
- Support specialist clinicians and researchers and raise funds for myeloma research
- Raise awareness and understanding of the condition among health professionals and the wider community; and
- Create opportunities for fellowship within the myeloma community
Our values are:
- The needs of people with myeloma will always come first;
- We are passionate about assisting and improving the quality of life of Australians living with myeloma;
- We understand the myeloma experience and empathise with patients and family members;
- We will operate in an inclusive and transparent manner; and
- We will present an organised and professional operation.
About the role
Be responsible for Myeloma Australia's fundraising strategy and activities in NSW and ACT; working as part of a national team headquartered in Melbourne.
You will manage and develop Myeloma Australia's community fundraising events in NSW and ACT alongside supporting and growing our revenue bases in these areas, as a means of establishing funds to allow Myeloma Australia to continue its expansion of employing more myeloma trained nurses to work in the community.
Your experience and success in fundraising will allow you to coordinate and contribute to various Myeloma Australia fundraising and partner events. The skills you have in working collaboratively with others, will see you working alongside Myeloma Australia's Community Engagement and Fundraising Manager, reviewing and seeking improvements to Myeloma Australia's current fundraising activities.
What’s on offer:
- Sydney based with some travel to regional NSW and ACT required
- Occasional interstate travel required
- Hours to suit for the right person
- Base salary plus generous commission
- NFP salary sacrifice available (up to $15,900)
- Laptop provided and mobile phone allowance paid
Key selection criteria
- An experienced professional with proven success in fundraising to achieve set financial targets and budgets
- A proven ability and experience in developing and managing fundraising programs, initiatives and events
- A proven ability to build and maintain relationships with all involved stakeholders such as individuals, partners, sponsors and external organisations
- The ability to plan, balance and cope with competing priorities through excellent time management skills and organisational abilities
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Excellent speaking and presentation skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office based programs
- Have a strong understanding of the not for profit sector and associated community and a passion to support people living with cancer
- A valid driver's license is required with access to a reliable car
A position description is attached.