- Job type: Casual, Full-time, Part-time
- Location: Flexible locations as per participant needs (in home, Community, Office)
Muru Pathways is a registered NDIS Provider servicing Newcastle, Maitland and Lake Macquarie.
We aim to connect people with services that offer exceptional levels of independence and autonomy to assist in choosing their own path.
Our service is owned and operated by a qualified Social Worker with over 9 years experience in Disability, Mental Health, Housing, and Youth & Adolescent Behavioural Supports.
Muru Pathways is an independent and dedicated service focused on ensuring the right services are provided to the right people.
About the role
A Support workers duties may vary depending on the specific needs of the customer and the goals outlined in their NDIS plan. Common day to day duties of the position may include (but are not limited to):
- Engage customers informal supports (family, carers, Etc.)
- Working with customers to help build their own capacity and independence
- Providing crisis support to customers
- Assessing and managing risk in line with organisational policies and procedures
- Delivery of services that promote the dignity, independence and empowerment of customers
- Provide domestic assistance, personal care, respite, respite & transport as required
- Support customers in their chosen program to progress toward their individual goals and ensure they meet their requirements under their NDIS plan
- Adhering to the documented and approved care plans
- Respecting the privacy and confidentiality of customers in accordance with privacy legislation, policies and procedures during and beyond the period of employment
- Certificate III in Disability, Welfare, Individual Support or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A criminal record check completed within the last 6 months must be supplied by all new appointments. Where a new employee has lived outside of Australia for 12 months or more within the last 10 years, an international check is also required
- A valid Working with Children check must be supplied by all new employees
- A valid Australian driver's licence (P plate or above) must be supplied by all new employees
- A roadworthy vehicle insured to a minimum level covering 3rd party fire and theft (comprehensive cover is recommended). The vehicle must be capable of transporting multiple passengers in a safe manner
- Australian or New Zealand citizenship or relevant working visa documentation
A position description is attached.
Please send your enquiries to:
Ph: 0477 318 786