- Lead and manage a team to deliver high quality supports to people with mental health and alcohol and drug challenges
- An opportunity to use your lived experience to bring about transformational change
- Permanent role | Full time
- Exciting new opportunity in Dandenong
Mind strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, people with a lived and living experience of mental distress and recovery, and applicants from all cultures, genders, sexualities, bodies, abilities, spiritualities, ages and backgrounds.
Mind Australia is one of the country’s leading community-managed specialist mental health service providers with a range of residential, mobile outreach, centre based and online services. We have been supporting people living with the day-to-day impacts of mental illness, as well as their families, friends and carers for over 40 years.
We provide practical and motivational support that helps people to develop the skills they need to move on, thrive and improve the quality of their lives. It’s an approach to mental health and wellbeing that looks at the whole person in the context of their daily life. Mind is committed to diversity and social inclusion.
About the role
The Adult and Older Adult Mental Health and Wellbeing services, also refer to as “Locals”, are a key recommendation from Victoria’s Royal Commission into the mental health service system’s transformation. The Locals will act as the ‘front door’ service to the mental health system and will provide a continuum of care and support, including clinical interventions, wellbeing supports, and therapeutic support through an integrated mental health and alcohol and other drug framework approach. These services will have a ‘no wrong door’ policy, ensuring accessibility to all individuals seeking support.
The Service Operations Manager – Locals, will lead and manage the day-to-day operations of the Adult and Older Adult Mental Health and Wellbeing Service in the Greater Dandenong region.
The Service Operations Manager is responsible and accountable for the operating budget, achieving performance targets, performance management in a complex and demanding service delivery environment. In this role you will be overseeing practice and service culture which embeds lived/living experience at the centre of all aspects of the service while maintaining the fidelity of the consortiums service model.
- Lead and manage evidence informed services to consumers, carers, families and supporters as defined in the Service Model across an interprofessional continuum of care, treatment and support which includes psychiatry, clinical interventions, AOD therapies and interventions and a range of holistic wellbeing supports.
- Oversee, lead and influence effective interprofessional and multidisciplinary practice and build and maintain a robust healthy culture within the Local.
- Support the Locals leadership group to coach staff to problem solve and develop creative solutions while always ensuring lived/living experience perspectives are central to these processes.
- Ensure cultural safety is maintained in all aspects of service delivery.
- Ensure compliance with Locals policies and procedures and consortium partner policies and procedures in all aspects of service delivery.
What you’ll bring
- Tertiary qualifications in Mental Health, Peer Work, Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or other health related field as designated by Mind.
- Post-graduate tertiary degree qualifications in Mental Health, Community Services, Allied Health or Business Management is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a complex service delivery environment that is interprofessional and multidisciplinary across a continuum of clinical care and interventions, AOD therapies and interventions and integrated mental health and wellbeing supports.
- Expertise in managing a complex clinical risk framework where the lived/living experience discipline and perspective are pivotal to the fidelity of the service model.
- Experience managing a dynamic intake and assessment function which is unpredictable, demanding and where there is a need for decisive and targeted risk related decision making on a regular basis.
What we Offer
- Salary packaging up to $15,899 p.a. allows you to allocate a portion of your pre-tax income to cover living expenses (e.g. rent, mortgage, child care, car leasing expenses etc.)
- Option to access Meal and Entertainment allowance up to $2,650 p.a. via Salary Packaging.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP), provided by Converge International, for you and your immediate family members.
- Generous leave entitlements including 8 weeks paid parental leave, 17.5% annual leave loading.
To apply click Apply Now to visit Mind Careers - reference number 494403. Please complete an online application form and attach a copy of your CV, along with a cover letter covering the following:
- If you are bringing a lived expertise to this role, describe how you would integrate this into your work/alternatively if you do not bring a lived expertise please describe your understanding and valuing of the peer workforce
- Outline an example of where you have delivered transformational change within a service delivery.
Please contact the person below for more information.
John Bamborough, General Manager Locals Establishment
The successful applicant is required to complete comprehensive reference and background checking prior to employment, including a Working with Children Check, NDIS Workers Screening Check and the ability to obtain vaccinations against COVID-19.