- Casual role | Hours may vary
- NFP Salary packaging | Recovery Orientated Practice
- Townsville QLD Location
Mind Australia Limited is one of Australia’s leading community-managed specialist mental health service providers. We have been supporting people dealing with the day-to-day impacts of mental illness, as well as their families, friends and carers for over 40 years. Mind is committed to diversity and social inclusion.
About the role
As a Community Mental Health Practitioner, you will deliver a high quality, recovery oriented, direct psycho-social support through individual and group work to young people and their families and carers using a model of recovery oriented practice.
Townsville Youth Residential Rehabilitation Service (TYRRS) works to support young people between 16-21 who are recovering from mental illness, providing up to 12 months stay in a supportive therapeutic environment for up to 8 residents across two properties.
- Working with customers to enable them return to their place of residence and a meaningful life
- Assisting the customer with actioning their individual recovery plan and working with families and carers at the time of transition back into the community
- Delivering group work programs
- Contributing to the day-to-day operations of the residential service
What you’ll bring or What are we looking for?)
- Tertiary qualifications (minimum Cert IV in Mental Health, Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or other health related field) as designated by Mind
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities flexibly, proactively and with ease
- Demonstrated experience in providing consistent, professional customer service to both customers and stakeholders
- Understanding of available community services, networks and supports
- Willingness to obtain CPR and First Aid
Benefits or Why Mind Australia?
- Join a Not For Profit truly living its values
- Supportive team environment
- Learning, development and career opportunities