Midlas is a non-for-profit community organisation based in Midland promoting resilience in our community through support, advocacy and education. Our services include Financial Counselling, Tenancy Advocacy, Disability Advocacy, NDIS Appeals, Family Law Service, Disability Discrimination Law service and Emergency Relief.
- Manage Midlas’ Legal Services
- Provide family law services
- Supervise our legal team (2 Lawyers and 3 volunteers providing Family Law and Disability Discrimination Law, and 2 Tenant Advocates)
- Ensure Midlas is compliant under the National Community Legal Centre Risk Management Guide
- Contribute to the organisation’s strategic direction as part of the Executive team
Essential Selection Criteria
- Experienced Lawyer with a current Unrestricted Practising Certificate
- Understanding of and current expertise in relevant areas of law and practice
- Strong organisational and time management skills, including ability to manage competing demands, prioritise tasks and solve problems
- Self-motivated and managing, able to work independently and proactively
- Ability to identify broader and systemic issues arising from casework and to propose relevant responses, and
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice, understanding of the community legal sector, and of the objectives and values of Midlas
- Community Legal Centre experience
The position is 6 days per fortnight, with flexibility around days and times; and is paid at a SACS Level 8.