- Part time, ongoing
- Excellent opportunity to join our community-based dynamic and supportive team
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
As a Physiotherapist you will be responsible for:
- Provide high quality, comprehensive clinical assessment and management of clients with chronic conditions including musculoskeletal and orthopaedic disorders; metabolic, cardiac and respiratory disease; paediatric, women’s health and neurological conditions in accordance with best practice.
- Participate in planning, designing, implementation and ongoing management of group water and land-based exercise programs to improve clients’ mobility and level of functional activity; aid recovery from injury or illness and prevent progression of disease.
- Provide 1:1 centre and home-based physiotherapy treatment. Short-term treatment options including, but not limited to tailored exercise, equipment and gait aid prescription, manual therapy, taping, client education and motivational interviewing.
- Design and deliver health education (both on an individual basis as well as part of group programs) related to prevention and management of chronic and acute conditions.
- Participate in multidisciplinary care co-ordination, treatment planning and goal direct care planning for client management as appropriate.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Current Physiotherapy registration with AHPRA and minimum 2 years experience working with clients with complex chronic diseases, musculoskeletal, orthopaedic and neurological conditions.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Experience with development, implementation and evaluation of group exercise and chronic disease self-management programs.
- Special interest and experience in cardiac, respiratory and metabolic conditions.
- Experience working in a community health setting with communities with low health literacy and socioeconomic disadvantage
What we offer
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
A Position Description is attached below.