- Full time, Fixed term (12 months)
- Take your quality and safety skills to the next level
- Collaborate with members of Quality, Planning and Innovation and NWMH Executive team
The Royal Melbourne Hospital
As one of the largest health services in Victoria, and a team of more than 10,000 strong, we provide a comprehensive range of specialist medical, surgical, and mental health services; as well as rehabilitation, aged care, outpatient and community programs. We are a designated state-wide provider for services including trauma, and we lead centres of excellence for tertiary services in several key specialties including neurosciences, nephrology, oncology, cardiology and virtual health.
NorthWestern Mental Health Quality (NWMH), Planning and Innovation Unit
- This role offers the opportunity to work as part of a senior leadership team
- We are team working together to support quality improvement and safety across NWMH
- We enjoy a collaborative working environment
- You will help us achieve Safe, Timely, Effective and Person Centred care (STEP)
Your success in this role, will be in your ability to
- Focus on clinical risk management and the coordination of the systems investigating adverse events, feedback and complaints across NWMH
- Support the design and implementation of quality improvement activities
- Work collaboratively with four Adult Area Mental Health Services, Aged Persons Program, Orygen and the NWMH Executive to coordinate quality and safety activities
- Develop and foster effective collaborative relationships with other services for example Safer Care Victoria
- Embed the clinical governance framework (STEP) including components of clinical risk management, improved clinical standards, procedure development, workforce development, and evaluation and monitoring systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with extensive experience in delivery of verbal and written quality reports.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and activities and continuously prioritise
- A demonstration of analytical skills, ability to make decisions and to escalate decisions where management and executive decision making is required
- Experience in health service governance systems including management of continuous improvement activities, and of National Quality and Safety Health Service standards.
- An ability to motivate and collaborate and engage with multiple stakeholders, including consumer and carer representatives, discipline seniors and quality coordinators to ensure communication strategies and clear objectives are met including timelines.
Our Commitment to you
Here at The RMH we strive for excellence with a strong purpose that defines the work we do for our community – Advancing health for everyone, every day. This is the Melbourne Way.
We believe our success comes from our people. We’re committed to the RMH being a great place to work and a great place to receive care. We have made a long-term commitment to strengthen our organisational culture through leadership, education and empowering our staff to Speak Up for themselves and each other
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are highly encouraged to apply
“Experience in working with ACCHO and Aboriginal Communities and Families”