Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health (MCWH) is a national, community-based organisation which is led by and for women from migrant and refugee backgrounds. We advocate and educate to strengthen the health, wellbeing, safety and leadership of migrant and refugee women in Australia.
MCWH works together with migrant and refugee women, community organisations, health practitioners, employers, communities and governments to build and share knowledge, achieve equity and improve health and wellbeing for migrant and refugee women.
The purpose of the Capacity Building and Training Officer position is to support the implementation of MCWH Prevention of Violence Against Women’s (PVAW) capacity building activities: including training, Community of Practice, Workshops and Forums.
In line with the exceptions and exemptions outlined in the Equal Opportunity Act 2010, Section 28, MCWH actively seeks to employ women from immigrant and refugee backgrounds.
This is a fixed term full-time position ending 31st of January 2024.
To lead the delivery of MCWH’s state-wide and regional capacity-building activities targeting the workforce of both Women Health Services and multicultural organisations, with a focus on Gender Equality and Prevention of Violence Against Women.
The Senior Capacity Building and Training Officer reports directly to the PVAW Program Manager and works closely with the Training team leader.
This role also works closely with the PVAW and Research, Advocacy and Policy Teams.
Victorian Women’s Health Services; relevant state and local government departments; funding bodies; state and regional research, service delivery and policy bodies; media; community organisations, migrant and refugee women.
Extent of Authority:
Day-to-day implementation of activities as directed.
Lead the implementation and delivery of PVAW capacity building activities:
- Plan, organise and coordinate the delivery of capacity building activities: training, communities of practice, workshops and events
- Consult and engage with Women Health Services and multicultural, ethno-specific, migrant women-led organisations
- Prepare and tailor capacity building activities’ material based on the workforce needs and in line with MCWH values, current research, advocacy and policy.
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation activities, as well as capacity building debriefs
- Support the development and updating of capacity building activities evaluation and quality improvement policies and procedures
- Facilitate effective communication of capacity building project activities’ progress among MCWH staff and project partners
- Ensure open and regular ongoing communication with key projects’ stakeholders
- Establish and nurture relationships with key stakeholders that support new initiatives and opportunities
- Facilitate working relationships between capacity building activities’ participants
- Represent MCWH externally as required
- Participate in team and staff meetings, including contributing to planning, development and evaluation of the organisation
- Develop a regular work plan and participate in regular performance appraisal and professional development
- Prepare work reports or other reporting materials as required
- Other duties consistent with the role and as negotiated with the PVAW Program Manager
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or work experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a training role
- Highly developed training, research, and communication skills
- Communication, negotiation and liaison experience with a wide range of organisations and individuals of varying backgrounds
- Computer literacy
- Demonstrated general and report writing skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Highly developed intersectional feminist understanding of immigrant and refugee women’s health at local, state and national levels surrounding Family Violence and Gender Equality
- Fluency in a relevant community language
- Experience in delivering online training programs
- Experience in workplace training
- Qualification in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) and/or willingness to attain this the coming year
- Victorian driver’s license
- Some evening or weekend work may be required from time to time
- The candidate must be able to work from home and a hybrid working from home/office arrangement may become possible/necessary
- Up to date COVID-19 vaccinations (unless a medical exemption applies)
Salary & conditions
- Fixed Term Full-time 38 hours per week
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 Award Level 6.1
- Above-award leave entitlements as outlined in MCWH EBA 2013
- Salary Packaging Living Expenses up to $15,900 pa
- Meals and Entertainment Program up to $2,650 pa
Period of appointment
This is a fixed term role ending 31st of January 2024.
Delcourt Aurore, PVAW Program Manager and Acting Research, Advocacy and Policy Program Manager - [email protected] using the subject line: Senior Capacity Building and Training Officer - Prevention of Violence Against Women enquiry via EthicalJobs, or via 0424 241 502.
A full Position Description is attached below.