We are looking for a qualified Lead Psychologist from the background of Mental Health or Social Worker to join our friendly team, someone with a depth of experience in working with clients and experienced complex trauma, within the child protection system.
Primary accountabilities will include but are not limited to:
- Lead allied health professionals in MDST to deliver a range of assessment and treatment, as well as working alongside them in delivering services.
- Working collaboratively with Senior Therapeutic Specialist and MDST to determine the assessment needs and to develop case formulation of young people in ITTC.
- Produce clear and timely assessment reports which provide recommendations for young people’s permanency pathways beyond ITTC.
- Provide therapy and counselling to children and young people in ITTC program when required.
- Supporting the transition of children and young people including their entry into ITTC and their exit into different programs.
- Assessing the needs of children and young people and working in partnership with internal services and external agencies to address them.
- Working with the MDST to remain at the forefront of evidence-based practice and research.
- Delivering consistent treatment delivery through the training, coaching and supervising other members of the care team in the delivery of appropriate interventions including the development and implementation of treatment plans, restoration, preservation, fostering, adoption, kinship care, and alternative placements.
- Delivery time-limited assessment and intervention to FACS clients who are not in ITTC program.
- Provide assessment and interventions to broader ITC program when required.
We are looking for a resilient and practical professional who is committed to providing Psychology support to our young people in care through positive engagement and advocacy, working within the community towards trauma integration. To be successful, you must meet the essential criteria below:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Psychology.
- Fully registered psychologist with a minimum 5 years of professional experience.
- Previous experience in working with children and young people who have experienced or are experiencing complex trauma and working with families within the child protection system.
- Demonstrated experience in assessing and treating children and young people who have experienced complex trauma.
- Demonstrated capacity to coach and mentor staff.
- Clear National Criminal History Check
- Working with Children's Check
- Unrestricted NSW Drivers Licence
- Current First Aid Certificate and CPR certification
- Eligibility to work in Australia
Applicants from psychology, social work, mental health, counselling, allied health background are encouraged to apply.
Benefits as Marist180 Employees
- Great salary packaging options to increase your take home pay
- 5weeks annual leave for permanent employees
- Opportunity to make a difference in your community
- Ongoing training, support, supervision, and career advancement opportunities
- Sonder wellbeing and safety 24/7 on demand support for you and your family
More about Marist180
Marist180 (www.marist180.org.au) is a not-for-profit organisation committed to creating positive change for vulnerable young people and their families. We believe that when individuals feel connected to a supportive community and have access to education, accommodation, and employment they can achieve their goals.
Successful applicants will be subject to background checks including a National Criminal History Check and a verification of your Working with Children’s Check.
“Marist180 is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture across the agency. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people who met the requirements of the position. Marist180 recognises the benefits that such an approach brings for our staff and clients within our programs.”
How to apply:
Click “Apply Now” to submit your online application, please ensure you attach a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria. If you require any adjustments during the recruitment process due to any form of disability, please specify in your application.
A position description is attached.