- A Fixed Term Part Time
- 6 month Maternity leave contract until 1 October 2021
About the Program:
Children Youth and Families NSW South and ACT operates across two jurisdictions. NSW Services include Foster Care and Intensive Therapeutic Care as part of the Permanency Support Program (PSP); Functional Family Therapy – Child Welfare; and Family Referral Services. NSW services operate across the DCJ Illawarra Shoalhaven and Southern NSW Districts from offices located in Wollongong, Nowra, Batemans Bay, Bega, Cooma, Queanbeyan and Goulburn. ACT services include Intensive Therapeutic Residential Care.
About the role:
The Family Therapist provides family therapy utilising the FFT-CW model and as a member of the FFT – CW team reporting to the Family Therapy Supervisor.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture and values and an awareness of the current issues faced by Aboriginal children, young people and their families
- A Bachelors qualification in Social Work or Psychology/ Aboriginal Health Worker / Community Welfare Worker or Master of Counselling.
- Post Graduate training in relevant child, adolescent and family clinical practice, family therapy and systemic thinking is strongly preferred.
- Clinical experience working with families/ adolescents strongly preferred.
- Proven highly developed interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence and excellent engagement skills.
- A track record of working collaboratively and the demonstrated capacity to negotiate and liaise with internal and external stakeholders including, DCJ, other agencies and the community.
- Evidence of a holistic understanding of the complexity of the child protection system and the issues involved in providing services to statutory clients.
- The ability to work independently, as well as contribute to a team.
- The ability to offer flexibility to work when the families are available to meet.
- Belief in the capacity of families to grow and change and commitment to empowering families to develop self-advocacy.
- The ability to intervene decisively and to set boundaries and limits for best practice.
Benefits on offer:
- Generous Salary Packaging of up to $15,900 (additional tax free allowance)
- Ongoing training and career development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
You must have a:
- valid and current Driver’s Licence;
- satisfactory Criminal History Check;
- valid Working with Children Check.
Please make sure you address the selection criteria as outlined in the PD as part of your application.
For more information, please contact Nerida Oberg on Nerida.Oberg@mackillop.org.au using the subject line: Family Therapist - Southern NSW enquiry via EthicalJobs.
MacKillop promotes diversity and equal opportunity in employment and is committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People. MacKillop Family Services acknowledges the Traditional Custodians and their Elders in each of the communities where we work.