- Leading family, relationship and counselling organisation
- Full time position available
- Competitive salary and access to salary packaging
Relationship Matters, is a dynamic, values based not-for-profit organisation specialising in relationship, family and individual counselling, mediation and education. For over 70 years we have been committed to making a difference to our clients no matter which sector of our Community they come from. We continue to provide high quality relationship counselling, dispute resolution and relationship education services. Relationship Matters also provide Employee Assistance Programs, training and workplace consulting.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced self-motivated, client-focused family and relationship counsellor. You will undertake intake and assessment interviews, and offer counselling and deliver evidence based therapy to individuals, couples and families including clients seeking assistance with their relationships under the provisions of the Family Law Act 1975.
We are seeking a practitioner who can:
- Provide life span appropriate individual, family and couples counselling, assessment and case management interventions,
- Undertake client centred therapeutic counselling and group work interventions,
- Manage themselves and their caseloads in a sustainable and effective manner,
- Work collaboratively across our client service lines
- Show excellent interpersonal understanding and communication skills
- Work with a range of technologies and service delivery modalities.
- Work with a range of clients from different backgrounds and life experiences.
You will be:
- A client focused practitioner with demonstrated experience in fee-for-service delivery
- A tertiary qualified Practitioner with Psychology, Social Work, Counselling or similar qualifications and postgraduate studies, with a minimum of 5 years' experience in counselling;
- Registered with AHPRA or AASW or the equivalent Professional association;
- Have proficiency in contemporary methods of counselling and family therapy, along with direct experience in the field; knowledge of Gottman theories and practice is an advantage;
- Experience working with LGBTIQ+ communities, children, people who use family violence and/or victim survivors is highly desirable;
- Demonstrated understanding of the Family Law Act 1975 and the Family Violence Protection Act 2008;
- Experience in EAP counselling and critical incident responses is desirable;
- Be eligible as a Family Counsellor under the Act;
- Able to promote the profile of Relationship Matters across the community through providing professional, caring service delivery.
A professional in your field, you can work independently while working within a cohesive, committed and high performing team. Together with your exceptional level of ethical standards and well-developed interpersonal communication skills, you will have the capacity to manage and ensure high standards of practice.
Previous experience working in a human services environment would be highly regarded.
We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
For enquiries regarding this position, please contact Matt Needham, on 1300 543 396.
A position description is attached.