About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
We have an opportunity for a registered Social Worker, Psychologist or Occupational Therapist to join our organisation for a 12 month full-time contract supporting our carers and children in care. In this role you’ll provide high quality clinical and behaviour support services within the Broome area, primarily working in our Child, Youth and Family program by supporting our Tier One Family Group Home model.
- Provision of high level clinical support to our Family Group Homes carers and children in care. These children may present with a range of complex behaviours including aggression, property damage, sexualised behaviours and absconding
- Development and maintenance of a therapeutic environment within the Family Group Homes, working from trauma-informed and positive behaviour support approaches
- Demonstrated ability to develop and monitor intervention plans and strategies around behaviours exhibited by young people with high and complex needs, including Positive Behaviour Support Plans and Safety Plans
- Monitoring for and providing carer education in the use of restrictive practices
- Facilitation of training for carers and staff on topics including trauma & attachment, positive behaviour support, and restrictive practices (including reflective practice sessions)
- Working as part of a multi-stakeholder team including departmental, educational and health professional staff to achieve best outcomes for the children
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in psychology, social work, occupational therapy or equivalent
- Current Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) registration with the relevant professional board e.g., Psychology Board; OR current membership of Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary stakeholder team and advocate for child-centred outcomes
- Ability and experience in working with Aboriginal people and cultural awareness training
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, ability to use initiative and access peer support, problem solving and conflict management skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Understanding of the issues, services and legislation affecting the delivery of services for children and young people in out of home care settings
- An ability to relate to and positively influence the skills of a range of support staff such as Foster Carers, Case Managers and Support Workers
- Understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) highly desirable
- Experience with restrictive practices highly desirable
- Current Drivers Licence
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check, Department of Communities Check and Working with Children Check.
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest Social Purpose organisations
- Excellent tax benefits
- Regular individual and group supervision
- Diverse, hands-on and exciting role
- Working with a skilled, supportive multi-disciplinary team
- Opportunities for professional development
- Laptop and mobile phone provided for work purposes
- Use of a pool vehicle
- Opportunity to travel
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com, using the subject line: Social Worker / Psychologist / OT Clinician - Broome enquiry via EthicalJobs.