About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Rostering Team Leader will play a critical role in the effective and sustainable management of the Disability and Aged Care workforce, covering a service area across Sydney, ACT and Southern and Western NSW. The role coordinates the rostering team to organise and allocate work and provides advice, support, supervision and coaching to a team of Roster Officers.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in a similar role involving the rostering of support workers and a strong knowledge of workforce management principles, health and safety, industrial instruments and roster optimisation in order to effectively manage and supervise the utilisation of the rostering and scheduling systems to best meet client requirements and promote a sustainable workforce.
- Ensure shifts are filled in a timely, cost-effective manner with minimum disruption to clients.
- Ensure positive relationships are built and maintained by yourself and your team through engagement with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate and coordinate with stakeholders as required in response to roster changes, concerns and complaints.
- Monitor and audit rosters entered by Roster Officers to ensure support being delivered is in line with NDIS plans, service agreements and relevant business principles, legislation and agreements.
- Work with managers to develop and implement strategic and operational plans to manage and improve rostering.
- Ensure that Roster Officers have the appropriate knowledge and skills through supervision, team meetings, coaching and support.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Cert III in administration, business studies or equivalent.
- Experience in a similar role involving rostering of support workers.
- Strong understanding of and capacity to use rostering systems or tools including the ability to train staff in their use.
- Previous leadership and/or coordination experience with demonstrated coaching skills.
- Knowledge of workforce management principles, health and safety, industrial instruments and roster optimisation.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and attention to details.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships with a range of stakeholders in order to optimise the best fit workforce for clients.
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check.
- Join one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Great salary packaging/tax benefits through Maxxia
- Monthly rostered days off