- Permanent Full-time position
- Working from Whyalla or Port Augusta
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental health Issues. We work with people who experience substance misuse, are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Due to growth of our services we have an exciting opportunity available for a Program Manager to join the LWB team on a permanent full-time basis.
As the Program Manager providing subject matter expertise and professional leadership you will oversee and manage our Disability services in Port Augusta, Whyalla and Ceduna.
With the client voice at the centre you will model a flexible and creative approach that is person centred, enabling and supporting choice and control and ensuring smooth operation, compliance, and a high quality of care for our clients.
- Develop, lead and manage disability services
- Develop, lead, motivate and manage a team
- Manage single or multiple programs compliant with legislation, standards, contractual requirements and internal policies
- Ensure delivery of program services in accordance with program budgets, business plans and in line with client needs and plans
- Develop and maintain operational and administrative systems and procedures to support the effective management of all programs
- Promote and maintain positive relationships with a multidisciplinary team
Promote and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Advise and consult with all relevant parties regarding complex and sensitive matters
- Communicate and act in ways that are consistent with Life Without Barriers Values of Responsive, Imaginative, Courageous, Respectful and Relationships
- Provide an environment free of abuse, harm and exploitation for people we support
Skills & Experience
- A degree qualification in Human Services or similar
- Demonstrated experience of working in a leadership/management role in a human services organisation
- Ability to lead multiple teams towards client outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in managing competing priorities and to deliver outcomes within agreed timeframes and quality standards
- Demonstrated experience working in a dynamic, high volume work environment
- Demonstrated ability to support productive working relationships and manage staff
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders including peers, employees, external organisations, funding bodies and government agencies
- Ability to support organisation-wide initiatives that support LWB’s Purpose and Values
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to strategic thinking
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and achieve results
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with influence
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Attractive remuneration package with excellent tax benefits
- Tool of Trade, mobile phone, laptop and monthly Roster Day Off