This newly created position would suit a Psychologist, Social Worker or Developmental Educator with a strong background in Positive Behaviour Support.
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
An exciting opportunity is now available for a Clinician with a strong background in Positive Behaviour support and good understanding of NDIS to join the Clinical Team based in our Unley office but working out of Whyalla or Port Augusta. Travel throughout the region is a requirement.
The position is full time on an ongoing basis. There is also the availability of internal Psychology Board Approved supervision from qualified Psychology Supervisor.
The position is required to provide high quality positive behaviour support and clinical services to clients in our disability program and other people under NDIS. You will be part of our multi-disciplinary clinical team and report to the Therapeutic Lead.
- Provide clinical knowledge and expertise to support clients in a range of Life Without Barriers programs.
- Provide assessments of clients’ cognitive and learning abilities, living skills, emotional and mental health status and behavioural profile.
- Develop and monitor appropriate goals, intervention plans and strategies around challenging behaviours in collaboration with clients and family/carer
- Provide reports for the purpose of both internal and external analysis
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with clients, families/carers, team members and other stakeholders.
- Provide training and support for carers and staff regarding therapeutic support including behaviour support plans and incident prevention and response plans for clients.
- Apply and uphold principles of equity and anti-discrimination in the workplace and adhere to organisational and legislative Health, Safety and Environment requirements.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, (provisional registration is acceptable), Developmental education or Social Work.
- A current registration or eligibility for registration with the professional body or Psychology board of Australia to practice as a psychologist.
- Demonstrated experience in working with people with disability and their support staff/ families.
- Demonstrated experience in assessing and planning intervention for clients who exhibit a range of behaviours of concern especially high-risk behaviours.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing client–centred / family-centred interventions.
- Experience working in a culturally sensitive manner with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and a willingness to work and train in culturally appropriate approaches.
- Current Driver Licence.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
- Work for one of Australia's largest Social Purpose organisations
- Supportive culture and team environment