- Accommodation Service
- Homebush location
- Autism, high health needs
- Casual roles
- Variety of hours
We’re people who care.
Lifestyle Solutions provides services to people with disability, young people and children in Out Of Home Care, their families and communities across the nation.
We believe everyone is equal - our staff and our customers. Equality and respect is at the heart of everything we do.
We want people on our team who want to make a difference to the lives of others. People who know that it’s the small things that make the biggest difference. People who do what they say they’ll do and want to part of creating an organisation where we all own our part in making Lifestyle Solutions a great place to work.
We are seeking passionate and committed Support Workers to provide innovative and flexible customer focused support.
You will assist the customers with:
- Developing key lifestyle skills such as cooking, cleaning and other domestic chores
- Administration of medication
- Transportation, preparation for outings, community participation and appointments
- Personal care that includes toileting, showering, dressing and grooming
As a support worker you are:
- Enthusiastic, passionate and positive minded
- Resilient, calm, patient and adaptable
- Available for a variety of shifts - days, sleep overs and weekends
- Flexible and reliable within your work environment and thrive as part of a team
- Able to identify and manage risk to ensure safety for all
- Available during the months of both December 2019 and January 2020
To be a successful candidate you will clearly demonstrate the following:
- Experience with challenging behaviours and Autism Support
- Confidence and professionalism in your ability to provide personal care
- Ability to be flexible within your work environment and to work as part of a team
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills
- A current driver’s licence
- A current First Aid Certificate (or willing to obtain)
- Availability to work a 7 day roster which will be a combination of shifts including mornings, afternoons, sleep overs, weekends and public holidays
- Have the skills and knowledge to cook and teach healthy eating
- Knowledge of the Disability Inclusion Act 2014
In return we offer our people an attractive and supportive work environment with inspiring assignments, opportunities to expand and learn from others and openings to improve and learn new skills.
For more information about these roles, please contact Alan Field, Recruitment Advisor, on 02 4014 7869 during business hours.