- Exciting therapeutic opportunity
- Convenient Sydney location
- Working to improve the health and wellbeing of LGBTI people and communities at the national level.
- Role is available Full Time
- Salary: SCHADS 5 $80,000.71 - $83,570.61 per annum plus salary packaging
The National LGBTI Health Alliance provides a national focus to improve health outcomes for LGBTI people through policy, advocacy, representation, research evidence, and capacity building.
Our vision is for a healthy lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans/transgender, intersex, and other sexuality, gender, and bodily diverse people and communities throughout Australia and the world, free from stigma and discrimination. The Alliance works in partnership with organisations across Australia to deliver three program areas; national suicide prevention (MindOUT), ageing and aged care (Silver Rainbow) and anonymous, LGBTI peer support and referral (QLife).
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Program Coordination and Capacity Building Manager, and working closely with the QLife partners, this position is responsible for ensuring that the QLife service is underpinned by sound therapeutic policy and practice, in line with the goals and values of the service, it’s partners and communities, as well as National funding requirements.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL HAVE:
- Tertiary qualifications in counselling, psychology or a related discipline within the behavioural or social sciences, with relevant registration and eligibility for professional association membership
- Experience in a leadership role within a therapeutic environment
- Experience and commitment to the principles and practice of (counselling) supervision
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues and public policy that impacts the mental health and wellbeing of people of diverse sexualities, sexes and/or genders
- Experience working in therapeutic relationship with groups from marginalised backgrounds and including complex needs
- Experience working within a Government funded and/or community based mental health service
- Demonstrated skill and experience in developing and writing therapeutic policy and procedural content
- Experience or demonstrated understanding of the complexities of providing mental health services via web and phone
- Demonstrated skill and experience in developing and delivering training
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically for short periods
A full Position Description is attached below.