About the role:
Legacy supports over six thousand families and individuals through the delivery of a variety of programs. Legacy is always looking at ways to continue providing personalised support. This is where the Connection Hub comes in. The Connection Hub is a new initiative that aims to be a central point for connection, information and advice for all people accessing support from Legacy. It operates using a volunteer model where people make contact via phone as well as in person through social visits as part of the Community Visitor Scheme.
You are a person who is passionate about social inclusion and supporting people to thrive. You have a friendly personality that allows you to easily build relationships with others and your calm demeanour supports you to work well when under pressure. Your leadership style is warm and empowering and you like to spend time building the skills in your team so that they can be successful and confident in their roles. You are well organised and have the ability to be flexible and adapt priorities based on the need of the people we support.
Some key tasks that you will carry out are -
- Help shape the new initiative by working alongside the Service Delivery Manager to create processes for the Connection Hub to be a successful initiative
- Recruit your team of volunteers and provide them with resources, induction and training
- Provide updates and referrals to our Legatees and Community Support Worker team to ensure coordinated service delivery
- Manage complaints and feedback with the support of our Service Delivery Manager
- Utilise your strong computer skills to analyse data and extract relevant information from our database to create work plans
- Monitor service provided to ensure practice is high quality and aligned to best practice principles
- Certificate IV (or higher) in Community Services, Disability, Aged Care or related discipline
- 4 or more years of experience working within aged care or disability sector
- Minimum 2 years previous leadership experience (ideally in a Not for Profit organisation but not essential)
- Sound understanding of person centred, strength based and trauma informed practice
- Proven ability to mentor and coach others
- High level of interpersonal / communication skills and proven ability to engage in and build trust and rapport with others
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills
- Experience working with the Community Visitors Scheme
- Previous experience working with confidential records and information
- Experience with MS office suite of products
- Previous experience coordinating and managing volunteers
- Previous experience developing and delivering training
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in program development or startup phase of new initiatives
Benefits of working for Legacy include:
- The option to salary package, which has the potential to increase your take home salary
- A paid day off your birthday
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a police check, and working with children’s check as these are essential for this position.
We want you to succeed please read the position description here before applying.