- Part Time 15hrs. per week, split across 3 days (to be agreed)
- Based in Kew
The Learning for Life Autism Centre Inc (Learning for Life) is a not for profit learning organisation, that delivers behavioural intervention programs based on the principles of Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA). Our organisation was established in 2004 by a group of parents and professionals from the medical, behavioural therapy, business strategy, and media fields that identified the need for affordable, best practice, early intervention therapy for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Learning for Life began by providing intensive, early intervention ABA programs to pre-school aged children diagnosed with an ASD. Although Learning for Life continues to provide early intervention ABA programs, it has since expanded to provide behavioural support to both primary and high school aged children, as well as psychology services, group social skills programs and speech pathology services.
For more information about L4Life, and our mission goals and programs, please refer to our website www.learningforlife.com.au.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES OF THE ROLE INCLUDE:
In collaboration with management, review and articulate the organisation’s marketing and communications strategy.
Oversee and implement the organisation’s marketing and communications strategy including:
- collaborating with management with respect to communication and presentation of Learning for Life’s values, mission and general advocacy;
- collaborating with organisation leads in Fundraising & Relationships and Operations teams to provide brand, marketing and communications support to enable the organisation to carry out its mission;
- brainstorming content ideas for marketing and stakeholder communications;
- developing content (such as video interviews and presentation packs) for conferences and events;
- editing and approving content before it is published, distributed or presented to external stakeholders;
- engaging with senior clinical staff to identify stories and messaging that can be repurposed for communications with stakeholders and showcased in publications;
- analysing the quarterly performance reports prepared by the Marketing & Social Media Assistant and make recommendations as and if necessary;
- attending and actively participate as a member of the Fundraising & Relationships Board Subcommittee;
- attending and actively participate in regular staff team meetings;
- overseeing brand collateral used by staff.
- Directing and supervising the Marketing & Social Media Administrator.
QUALITY AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
- Ensuring privacy and confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Adherence to quality, risk management and occupational health and safety policies
- Promoting and upholding a workplace free from bullying, harassment and discrimination
- Commitment to the Child Safe Standards
- Degree in communications, marketing and/or public relations
- Marketing, communications and/or public relations experience
- Experience with social media management and major social media platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, You Tube, Twitter, and Instagram
- Experience in a Not For Profit organisation, disability sector or child services sector
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel, Sharepoint and MS Outlook, in particular)
- Satisfactory Working with Children Check (refer to full job description for details of other checks required as a condition of employment)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging benefits
- Access to an Employee Assistance Counselling Program
- A friendly, inclusive and supportive team and working environment
- Flexible Working
- Training and support
The Learning for Life Autism Centre is committed to the wellbeing and safety of children. We have zero tolerance for child abuse.
We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We have zero tolerance for discrimination or harassment because of neurodiversity, race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Please see the attached job description for further details about the role. For any enquiries please contact email@example.com, using the subject line: Marketing & Communications Manager enquiry via Website.