- Pivotal business partnering role.
- 2 x Positions (Permanent Full-Time & Fixed Term Full-time until August 2023).
- Values & Purpose driven organisation offering competitive salary + $15,900 salary packaging.
- Diverse and inclusive work environment with flexible work arrangements.
- 4 weeks annual leave, plus 1-week wellbeing leave.
Why join Launch Housing
Our mission is to end homelessness. We aim to get people housed, keep them housed, and be an influential voice on ending homelessness. We are a secular, independent provider of choice for clients and the go-to organisation on homelessness for government, media, philanthropy, private donors and the community.
Our people are the backbone of our organisation and supporting their wellbeing and professional development is critical to our ability to help our clients and the community. We value lived experience and diversity in our staff, and actively work to ensure everyone is able to make their career with Launch Housing fulfilling.
There are many benefits of working at Launch Housing including:
- Working for a value-based organisation with a clear mission and vision.
- Flexible work options available and work-life balance actively encouraged.
- 5 x Wellbeing days (on top of annual leave).
- Purchased Leave options.
- Paid Parental Leave (both primary and secondary carer).
- Up to $15,900 salary packaging option.
- Free and Confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Training and career growth opportunities across Launch Housing.
- Enjoy monthly ADO or 9 Day fortnight.
What you'll do
Reporting to the Group Manager - Finance, you will bring a balance of analytical, commercial and communications skills to this role as a trusted advisor to assigned business units. You will be responsible for determining and tracking financial performance, providing financial information, forecasting and analysis. This will ensure accurate, timely and insightful accounts and assist in informed decision making.
In this role you are expected to:
- Partner with operational business units to support preparation of budgets, forecasts, tenders, business cases, financial acquittals and analysis.
- Support business managers and budget holders to better monitor and understand the financial performance of programs and activities through reporting and regular meetings, information sessions.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure their monthly financial data is accurately analysed and clearly communicated.
- Analyse financial results and performance linked to key business drivers.
- Assist the Group Manager - Finance in the preparation of month-end and financial year end results and financial statements.
- Develop and implement process improvements for the entire finance function.
- Support organisation-wide initiatives and projects.
Key growth opportunities
- Contributing to an environment of internal customer engagement, innovation, efficiency and continuous improvement to deliver on value adding financial support to the organisation.
- Participation in value-add programs both across the broader Launch Housing and within your determined Business Partner areas of responsibility.
For further information on the role please refer to the position description.
What we're looking for
- Demonstrated commitment to the values of Launch Housing and our mission to end homelessness.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting and post graduate qualification of Australian CPA or CA.
- A depth and breadth of experience in financial and management accounting, financial modelling and analysis gained in a highly professional consulting or organisational environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of financial policies, procedures and accounting standards, gained over several years of experience in a professional accounting role.
- High Level Skills in ERP accounting systems and MS Excel.
- Previous experience or exposure to the not-for-sector sector highly regarded.
- All applicants must have the right to work in Australia and will be required to complete a Working with Children Check and Police Check.
- We acknowledge Lived Experience as unique expertise and encourage people with a Lived Experience of homelessness to apply.
- COVID-19 vaccination or a valid Covid-19 Vaccination Exemption certificate is required to work on site.
How to Apply
To obtain a full position description and to apply for this opportunity, please follow the 'How to Apply' instructions. Please submit a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and your CV.
If you would like additional information please contact Maria Smart - Finance Group Manager at Maria.Smart@launchhousing.org.au using the subject line: Finance Business Partner x2 enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Please note there is no closing date for this role and shortlisting will occur on a rolling basis, so please don't delay in submitting your application.
Launch Housing is committed to child safety and is an Equal Opportunity employer and supports accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse, intersex or queer. We acknowledge Lived Experience as a unique expertise, and encourage people with a Lived Experience of Homelessness to apply.