- Full Time - 37.5hrs some flexibility required with travel
- Based at our office in Wallsend however you will primarily be out within the community
- Salary Sacrifice options for Not-For-Profit including Motor Vehicle & Fuel Card + 9.5% Superannuation
- 4 weeks annual leave increasing to 5 weeks after 2 years continued service
About the role
As the SOCIAL WORKER you will work intensively with at risk children, young people, individuals and their families. With the aim of keeping children and young people safe, strengthen families, build parenting capacity, prevent children and young people entering Out-of-Home Care and safely restore children and young people back to family.
To be successful you will have a strong understanding and solid skills relating to Child Protection and Child and Family Services. You will need a tertiary qualification in Social Work and it be recognised by AASW. You will be motivated to achieve outcomes and be committed to providing a quality service. You will have excellent communication and written skills and will be highly organised. Travel within the community is a requirement of the job.
- Undertake various assessments to assess suitability of foster care, guardianship, adoption, restoration to birth family, and viability assessments. Keep comprehensive records of work with families including progress and outcomes reporting. Develop initial assessments and plans of services which outlines the family background strengths, concerns and recommendations
- Advocate for our children and young people and their families
- Work in collaboration with children and young people support workers/youth workers
- Ensure that the protection of children and the promotion of their welfare is given absolute priority in all activities and that critical incidents/allegations are recorded, investigated and acted upon appropriately and in keeping with Key Assets and Departmental child protection procedures
- Participate in the on-call rota
- Ensure the completion of all case management documentation, for operational compliance
- And to ensure compliance of business policies and child safe/protection procedures
Experience and Skills Required
- Be highly energised and possess passion for being the ‘Agent of Change’
- Have a qualification in Social Work with experience working with children and families
- Experience in child protection and/or out of home care is highly desirable
- Show initiative and work independently
- Engage with and work collaboratively with children and families and our business partners
- Have a sound understanding of child safe practices and procedures
- Experience in report writing, risk, critical incidents/allegations, investigation processes and recording
- Experience in areas of trauma, attachment theory and associated behaviours other relevant frameworks
- Knowledge of current legislation and government initiatives to support your practice as a social worker in a Non GOVT Agency
- Current Open Australian driving license, relevant to the state this post in advertised in
- Be willing to undergo criminal clearance and reference checks, and have a Working With Children Check, prior to commencement
For a private conversation regarding this exciting new opportunity, please call Caitlin Lancaster or Kristen McQualter on (02) 4979 8800.
Key Assets reserves the right to interview suitable individuals prior to the closing date of this campaign, this campaign may also be extended or closed at any time on or around the closing date.
KEY ASSETS THE CHILDREN’S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and minority groups are encouraged to apply.
A position description is attached.