genU is short for Generation You. Because whatever generation you belong to, whether you’re young, old, or somewhere in between, what unites us is the belief that neither disability nor ageing are disadvantages to be endured but challenges to be met boldly, achievements to be had and adventures in the making.
With over 3000 staff across 200 national locations, a strong history of committed leadership and values driving growth, we invite you to bring your professional skills and passion to our motivated team
About the Role
The core purposes of the position of Team Leader is to provide inspirational leadership and operational management to our shared supported accommodation homes and ensuring an empowering and enabling environment for people with disabilities, whilst still maximising opportunities for the attainment of personal goals and lifestyles that are valued by the wider community.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Proactively promote a home like environment that enhances the well-being of people with disabilities and is welcoming of families, friends and other visitors.
- Implement a partnership in care approach to enable optimal health and well-being to be achieved, including the active involvement of people with disabilities, their families and referrers in the identification of health care needs and the training of staff around individual needs and preferences.
- Develop, review and accurately maintain all resident care/support plans in conjunction with all stakeholders; residents, families and other service providers to ensure health care needs of residents are achieved. Including a range of needs such as behavioural support plans.
- Undertake program planning and monitoring functions including reviews and written reports as required
This is a full-time role based in Hastings.
- Significant experience delivering services in the disability industry
- Minimum Cert IV in Disability Studies or equivalent
- Current First Aid- Certificate II Level and CPR certificate
- Demonstrated ability to provide person centred active supports for residents
- Working with Children Check
- Experience leading and managing a team of staff
- Good computer skills including; in house data base systems, MS office and excel
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
Benefits & Culture
genU is proud to be an EEO employer. genU supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.
- Salary Packaging benefits
- Ongoing training & development – accredited and paid
- Career development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program including a dietician service and financial assistance
- Paid parental leave for primary carers after 12 months of employment
A position description is attached.