- Support employers nationally to create mentally healthy workplaces
- Highly successful and rapidly evolving national not for profit organisation
- Full-time permanent. Can be Melbourne or Sydney based – Currently working from home
SuperFriend’s vision is for an Australia where all workplaces are mentally healthy. With the support of our industry Partners, we work towards this by:
- Helping organisations navigate their workplace wellbeing journey - providing evidence-informed strategic support, workplace training and resource solutions
- Advocating for policy, regulation and workplace system change through strategic mental health and financial services alliances
- Providing insights to industry, government and workplaces by analysing industry trends and data and conducting Australia’s largest annual national workplace mental health survey.
Our partners include Australia's leading profit-to-member super funds and group insurers. We have potential to embed mental health and wellbeing best practices into 750,000 workplaces and impact more than half of Australia’s workforce. We operate as a multi-disciplinary team sharing expertise, knowledge and working collaboratively to achieve exceptional outcomes.
About the opportunity
The Impact, Communications & Insights team connects SuperFriend's target audiences with useful, relevant, engaging and accurate data, insights and communications that contribute to lasting, positive change. Reporting to the GM, you will join a smart, creative, friendly team to drive engagement with a strong focus on customer experience and brand. This includes delivering quality campaigns and comms and related activities to increase partner engagement with our mental health solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to mould and shape a newly created role and be supported to as you make the role your own, exploring your marketing and communication strengths.
- Refining and driving our strategic Partner marketing plan, working closely with our Partner Relationships team to drive increased Partner engagement and uptake of SuperFriend mental health solutions
- Managing relationships with external Partner marketing contacts and providing effective marketing communications support
- Creating relevant, impactful and engaging content and campaigns for a range of channels
- Driving effective use of our CRM, including campaign automation, working closely with our Digital Marketing Consultant and managing Partner-focussed digital assets (e.g. the Partner website hub)
- Maintaining a strong focus on growth, engagement, and lead generation
- Working with a pool of external vendors including designers, developers, printers, and event coordinators
- Supporting our media relations program, including identifying media opportunities, writing media releases and exploring relevant publication opportunities, alongside our PR agency
- Contributing to special projects including marketing support for new solutions and business development
- Monitoring relevant budgets, compliance, risks and reporting.
Some infrequent interstate travel may be required, as COVID restrictions are eased.
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications or journalism and extensive marketing and communications experience with a track record of success in writing compelling and engaging content for a range of channels and audiences
- Experience managing a broad range of stakeholder relationships with outstanding interpersonal, written, verbal and representational skills and experience working collaboratively across multi-disciplinary teams
- Great CRM know-how, including eDM creation, campaign automation, tag and data management, and reporting
- Excellent understanding of and passion for brand and visual identity
- Knowledge of or experience in the superannuation and insurance industries and/or psychology and workplace mental health is highly desirable
Specific questions and/or applications (including a current resume and a brief application letter outlining your claims to the position) are to be forwarded to Mark Dalton, Independent Recruitment Consultant via email@example.com using the subject line: Partner Marketing Consultant enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.
Please note that resumes without an application letter may not be acknowledged or considered.